Search by job title or keyword
Senior Credit Risk Analyst - Collections
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and well-being.
About the Team.
You will work in the Collections team within Credit Risk which is a team of 8 (Credit Risk department consists of c.70 FTE), working on multiple priorities within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our team are responsible for everything from our collections multi-channel contact strategy to defining our customer outcome strategies to systemically implementing these changes using some of the industry’s best in class systems, amongst much much more.
We don’t expect you to know everything, although as this is a senior analyst level, we would expect relevant analytical experience. To help you settle in we do have a friendly team who will be able to support you and work closely with on a daily basis. Given the ongoing cost of living crisis in the UK, it’s a very exciting and fulfilling time to be joining the team and it’s vital that we’re ready to support our customers during this difficult time.
About the role
As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst (within the Collections strategy team) you will be making the best use of the increasing amount of data available to make more informed decisions for our financial services business, ultimately creating a better experience for our customers when they experience payment difficulties.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Risk Manager (Collections), you will work with the business to help us make the right decisions at the right times. Whether it’s providing performance analytics on Collection’s strategies, getting a better appreciation of our customer's behaviour, identifying opportunities to enhance our strategies or making the systemic changes to bring these new strategies to life, you’ll be expected to provide customer outcome and commercial insight recommendations, communicating these in a compelling, impactful way to senior stakeholders.
You’ll need to be able to manage the expectations of stakeholders alongside prioritising your workload, ensuring you’re consistently adding value to both our customers and business. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside our trusted third parties, whether that’s deploying our strategies or looking at further exciting opportunities that we can explore.
We work very closely with our Customer Care colleagues who execute our strategies, allowing us to efficiently obtain real time insight into the challenges our customers are facing. You’ll be surrounded by the best talent across Financial Services and the wider group – working collaboratively to fulfil the ambitions of the business and the Credit Risk Strategy Department.
Our underlying requirement is to find the right candidate, so we’re keen to hear from you even if you don’t think you tick all of these boxes:
- Exposure to making strategy changes in strategy director / triad or debt manager (or similar) would be adventurous but not essential
- Confident, can-do attitude and general hunger to add value and develop
- You’re curious, analytical and logical by nature with a keen eye for detail.
- You’re degree educated (and/or) have practical experience in a similar type of role
- Comfortable with SQL, SAS and advanced Microsoft Excel skills too (exposure to Power BI would be advantageous but not essential).
- Experience of Credit Risk, particularly experience within Collections / Arrears Management, would be advantageous but not essential.
- You’re a team player who can quickly establish relationships with our existing team and key stakeholders.
- We’re also interested in your softer skills - your confidence to challenge and ask the right questions.
- Customer outcome focussed and commercially aware with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business managing key stakeholders in an appropriate manner, influencing them and providing challenge where necessary.
- There is very little hierarchy here and if you were to join us, you would be expected to have a voice and the confidence to use it.
Some of our benefits
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you will be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS, Right to Work checks and if a specific requirement of your role a DBS (criminal records) check. Should your application progress we require you to let the team know if there is anything you need to disclose in relation to any of these checks prior to them being undertaken, including any unspent criminal convictions.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - A one-hour formal interview with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience and competency-based questions.
2nd Stage – A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.