Search by job title or keyword
Senior Credit Risk Analyst
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the role.
As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst you will be making best use of the growing amount of data available to make more informed credit lending decisions for our financial services business, ultimately bringing value for customers who value credit and The Very Group.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Risk Manager, you will support the team with work that will help the business make the right decisions at the right times and work closely with our operations, finance and credit policy areas.
Whether it’s providing informative analytics relating to bad debt performance and provisioning, securitisation or other aspects of portfolio quality, you’ll be expected to provide customer outcome and commercial insight recommendations, communicating these in a compelling, impactful way to senior stakeholders.
You’ll work on multiple priorities within a fast paced, dynamic environment. You’ll need to be able to manage the expectations of stakeholders alongside prioritising your workload. You will be able to support strategic decisions through identifying areas for continuous business improvement and make recommendations for implementation following modelling of impacts.
You’ll be surrounded by the best talent across Financial Services and the wider group – working collaboratively to fulfil the ambitions of the business and the Credit Risk Strategy Department.
Critical decisions are made here every day and acted upon immediately – giving you every chance to make a real impact, make decisions and quickly see the results.
- You’re curious, analytical and logical by nature with a keen eye for detail.
- You have a degree in a numerate subject area with good knowledge of statistics.
- Highly proficient with SQL, SAS and advanced Microsoft Excel skills too.
- Experience of Credit Risk, particularly forecasting and IFRS 9 accounting principles/modelling, would be advantageous.
- We’re also interested in your softer skills - your ability to coach and develop other analysts, along with the ability to solve complex problems and relay solutions in a simple, clear and concise way.
- Customer outcome focussed and commercially aware with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business managing key stakeholders in an appropriate manner, influencing them and providing challenge where necessary.
- There is very little hierarchy here and if you were to join us, you would be expected to have a voice and the confidence to use it.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.