Search by job title or keyword
Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Internal use only - Grade F
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and well-being.
About the team
You will join the Very Ireland Financial Services team, based in Speke, collaborating closely with UK-based colleagues and the Very Ireland team in Dublin. Operating within a dynamic environment, you'll focus on diverse priorities, overseeing the credit lifecycle for Very Ireland customers—from Credit Application to Collections and Fraud strategies.
We seek an individual to enhance the team's expertise, ensuring our readiness to support our customers both analytically by closely monitoring customer behaviour along with ensuring our existing outcomes are fit for the current economic environment.
About the role
As a Senior Analyst, you'll report to the Financial Services Manager, aiming to optimise both bad debt and interest income for Very Ireland whilst maintaining good customer outcomes. Your role involves monitoring existing strategies and identifying new opportunities to enhance performance.
- Understanding and monitoring performance of FS strategies across Credit Acquisition, Account Management, Fraud, Collections and Credit Products, explaining any variance to performance, and recommending enhancements to improve performance.
- Identify new opportunities to improve FS performance, communicate the benefit to key stakeholders and support implementation and monitoring of new strategies.
- You’ll be responsible for communicating and managing key reports on financial services performance to key stakeholders.
Our underlying requirement is to find the right candidate, so we’re keen to hear from you even if you don’t think you tick all of these boxes:
- You’re curious, analytical and logical by nature with a keen eye for detail.
- Degree-educated (and/or) have practical experience in a similar type of role.
- Highly proficient with SQL, SAS and advanced Microsoft Excel skills too (exposure to Power BI would be advantageous but not essential).
- Experience of Credit Risk or Financial Services would be advantageous.
- You’re a team player who can quickly establish relationships with our existing team and key stakeholders.
- We’re also interested in your softer skills - your ability to work with other analysts, along with the ability to solve complex problems and relay solutions in a simple, clear and concise way.
- Customer outcome focussed and commercially aware with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business managing key stakeholders in an appropriate manner, influencing them and providing challenge where necessary.
- There is very little hierarchy here and if you were to join us, you would be expected to have a voice and the confidence to use it.
Some of our benefits
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you will be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS, Right to Work checks and if a specific requirement of your role a DBS (criminal records) check. Should your application progress we require you to let the team know if there is anything you need to disclose in relation to any of these checks prior to them being undertaken, including any unspent criminal convictions.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - A one-hour formal interview with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience and competency-based questions.
2nd Stage – A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.