Search by job title or keyword
Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst you will be making best use of the increasing amount of data available to make more informed credit lending decisions for our financial services business, ultimately creating value for customers who value credit and The Very Group.
Reporting to the Senior FS Manager, you will support the team with work that will help the business make the right decisions at the right times and work closely with our operations, finance and credit policy areas.
Whether it’s providing performance analytics relating to bad debt performance and provisioning, securitisation or other aspects of portfolio quality, you’ll be expected to provide customer outcome and commercial insight recommendations, communicating these in a compelling, impactful way to senior stakeholders.
You’ll work on multiple priorities within a fast paced, dynamic environment. You’ll need to be able to manage the expectations of stakeholders alongside prioritising your workload. You will be able to support strategic decisions through identifying areas for continuous business improvement and make recommendations for implementation following modelling of impacts.
You’ll be surrounded by the best talent across Financial Services and the wider group – working collaboratively to fulfil the ambitions of the business and the Credit Risk Strategy Department.
Critical decisions are made here every day and acted upon immediately – giving you every chance
Our underlying requirement is to find the right candidate, so we’re keen to hear from you if you think you’ll add value to this role. To give you an idea of the type of experience we’re after please see the below specification, however, please don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of these boxes!
- You’re curious, analytical and logical by nature with a keen eye for detail.
- You have a degree in a numerate discipline with good knowledge of statistics.
- Highly proficient with SQL, SAS and advanced Microsoft Excel skills too.
- Experience of forecasting and IFRS 9 accounting principles/modelling would be advantageous.
- We’re also interested in your softer skills - your ability to coach and develop other analysts, work with challenging stakeholders along with the ability to solve complex problems and relay solutions in a simple, clear and concise way.
- Customer outcome focussed and commercially aware with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business managing key stakeholders in an appropriate manner, influencing them and providing challenge where necessary.
There is very little hierarchy here and if you were to join us, you would be expected to have a voice and the confidence to use it. The teams here are passionate, innovative and committed. We expect you to be the same
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.