Search by job title or keyword
Senior Credit Risk Manager
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the role.
Working closely with the wider Credit Risk and FS teams, you will lead the development and monitoring of our customer acquisition strategies and policies. You will be a key influencer around wider decision-making impacting profitability, cash and customer outcomes with a focus on regulatory compliance. Reporting to the Head of Modelling, Acquisition and Protection, you will lead a team of 6 comprising of Senior Analysts and Credit Analysts. As a Senior Manager you will develop the team and ensure we are making the best use of the large amount of data available to make more informed credit lending decisions for our financial services business.
- Development and continuous improvement of new business lending strategy for both the Shopping Account and Personal loan products
- Lead the development & implementation of policy/strategy changes within the credit risk decision systems
- Responsible for ensuring the systems & strategies operate within regulatory guidelines and in line with policy.
- Advocate and promote a culture of good customer outcomes in relation to all business activities with a customer lens over all policies, strategies & processes.
- Monitoring and reporting of Acquisition performance against a credit risk appetite & recommendations for any potential corrective action.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the credit strategies from a risk perspective in order to ensure the delivery of expected customer outcomes and business benefits.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports to the Credit Risk Leadership team, FS Exec, Group board and relevant business partners, as required in order to report performance against plan and better inform the decision-making process, identifying trends, issues and solutions where appropriate.
Our underlying requirement is to find the right candidate, so we’re keen to hear from you even if you don’t think you tick all of these boxes.
- Senior Risk professional with at least 5 years’ experience in Financial Services and a detailed understanding of the credit risk lifecycle.
- Ability to develop and implement credit strategies.
- Knowledge of risk decision systems e.g. TRIAD, Debt Manager, Blaze etc.
- Numerate degree, with good knowledge of statistics.
- Further qualification/professional qualification desirable.
- Understanding of regulatory and industry guidance & best practice in relation to both risk management and business conduct.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools e.g. SQL, SAS, Excel (Advanced), Teradata.
- Experience of building outstanding business relationships across a corporate business, demonstrating the ability to really influence decisions.
- Intellectually curious, with a highly analytical mind and a strong appetite for learning new techniques.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.