Search by job title or keyword
Senior Delivery Manager
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Senior Delivery Manager to join our Flexible Fulfilment Models project team, based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for a Senior Delivery Manager who will lead our FFM project which will last circa 2 years. This is an exciting time to join the business and be a part of a new project we are undertaking.
As a Senior Delivery Manager for Flexible Fulfilment models, you will be responsible for the on time and on cost delivery of the initiative, ensuring that all parties are aligned to timelines agreed to successfully deliver the agreed benefits case.
Flexible Fulfilment models is a significant business wide initiative that will significantly change our business processes and legacy systems delivering £35m of benefits and a capex spend of c £17m. It involves multiple stakeholders both internally and externally
You will lead a team of Delivery Leads and 3rd party software vendors to ensure that delivery roadmaps are created and aligned for all pillars to ensure delivery of the initiative. Lead the creation of and adherence to a governance structure that ensures all key stakeholders across the business and external 3rd parties are engaged and any impediment are escalated and mitigation plans are in place. Responsible for ensuring that a detailed change plan is in place to deliver and successfully embed the changes across the business
You will work in close partnership with Heads of Tribes, Product Managers and Technology Leads as well as multiple 3rd parties. You will also ensure that all other tribes are engaged across the business where relevant.
- A bias towards action, always finding ways to remove barriers to rapid delivery.
- Experience of having delivered large scale technology projects of similar scale and cost
- A strong people leader who can galvanise a team behind a strategic direction, with evidence of successfully delivering transformation.
- Practical experience of delivering change in a lean / agile environment using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Ability to lead collaboration and influence decision making with strong stakeholder and 3rd party management skills.
- Aligns own behaviour and actions to organisation vision and goals. Engages colleagues with enthusiasm and commitment.
- 10 years plus in a leadership / Project management roles in fast-moving, large, complex, 24/7 technology led organisations
- £6500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, so please no agencies. If successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status