Search by job title or keyword
Senior Financial Planning Manager
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the Team.
The finance function seeks to create and protect the future of the company. And it needs to be reinvented.
We strive to build a new way of doing finance – inspired by the agile digital philosophy and grounded in the approach of squads and tribes. We want the Very way of doing finance to be the new normal. We’re excited by the level of change this will involve.
To achieve this aim we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators. We’re fans of people who love to learn (and fail).
About the Role.
The role sits within the Financial Services Finance Team and is responsible for the creation and delivery of financial plans that support the overall strategic goals of the Group.
Success in the role demands the timely provision of relevant and accurate commercial information and forecasting strategies to key partners and playing a full part in assisting Board level decision making.
The fast-paced nature of the business requires the role to react quickly to changes in its environment placing the timeliness of high quality information of paramount importance to support decision-making and quick positive action.
- Review and recommendation of FS initiatives
- Provision of financial forecasts to support decision-making.
- Challenge assumptions
- Fulfilment of strategic objectives
- Assist in formulating the company's strategic direction and support tactical initiatives.
- Produce a rolling outturn for revenue, cost base and cashflow. Identifying and presenting risks and trends and progress against strategic objectives.
- Support Treasury and Group Planning & Performance in the management of funding lines by providing timely and accurate forecasts.
- Shareholder Projects
- Prepare 5YPs, working with internal stakeholders to build a financial plan which enables the business to meet Shareholder targets.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified with a strong academic track record.
- FP&A experience
- Financial Services experience is desirable
- Extremely commercially focused as well as attention to accounting detail.
- A robust individual who has the confidence to be able to deal with all levels across the organisation. A strong team player who can work in cross-functional teams.
- Technical ability, strong aptitude for analytical work and Excel / financial modelling.
- Technically excellent with the ability to deal with complexity and communicate sophisticated financial matters in simple terms.
- An inspirational operator with the social confidence and interpersonal skills to develop highly productive stakeholder relationships.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.