Search by job title or keyword
Senior Integration Engineer
About the roleAs a Senior Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining Cloud-based integration platforms and for providing expert-level DevSecOps support to the business domain tribes. This role is hands-on, you’ll be actively involved in designing, implementing and running the platforms and services that your squad are responsible for. You’ll work to best practices in Integration engineering, driving and ensuring high quality solutions.
Squads & Tribes Model
For us this means a cross-functional Tech Team and structure. The overall Tribe will have a subset of set of teams, or as well call them, Squads. Each with a mission to solve specific product challenges. Each squad is composed of individual contributors from different disciplines and led by an individual contributor.
This working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time and they will build a part of the product, or even create a full new product. Since each squad has contributors or owners from every domain – from engineering to product, or mobile to design – any squad has the breadth and the depth in terms of skill to for end-to-end ownership.
As a Senior in the role you'll help assuring that platforms and code built and supported by the squad meet quality and performance standards we have set for the business. You'll pro-actively by reviewing and deciding on the optimal end-to-end delivery pipeline for your code. This will of course cross over to quality controls, including; code driven deployment infrastructure; automated testing; and effective operational monitoring, alerting and incident responses. Its vital you are quick and comfortable deciding how best to address issues and incidents in the Run of Squad Platforms and Integration processes.
You'll act as one of our leads in the Platform Engineering team and demonstrate thought leadership in all aspects of Integration development. You'll be able to help coach and mentor all members of the team. We're looking for someone to define and set the technical development plans of Integration Engineers and Senior Integration Engineers in the team and help take on line management responsibility, when required to do so.
Day to day
As a collaborative and embedded teams, you will work with other Engineers in your Squad/Tribe, various Business Analysts, Product Owners and Architects to envision, design and deliver industry leading systems.
You'll help design and build software that balances the commercial needs of the business alongside delivering the future tech roadmap.
Lead and actively participate in framework, application and database design, data flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
Ultimately own your code quality.
- Work with other Engineers in your Squad/Tribe, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Architects to envision, design and deliver industry leading systems.
- Design and build software that balances the commercial needs of the business alongside delivering the future tech roadmap.
- Lead and actively participate in framework, application and database design, data flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- Own your code quality.
- Own non-functional requirements around performance, security and scalability to ensure we deliver a great customer experience. Driving best practice around real-time logging, monitoring, alerting.
- Proactively drive the enhancement of continuous integration to improve deployment and build processes in the squad.
- Identify obstacles, risks and issues that may/ do impact the technical product and work with all stakeholders required to mitigate them.
- Adhere to policies and standards that impact solutions.
- Provide Run support for technical products within Squad.
- Provides out of hours support for the Integration Engineering applications to ensure the shop stays open and fully functional.
- Proactively support and mentor other team members, working with them to help them improve their skills.
- Demonstrable experience of providing clear direction, coaching, mentoring and development support.
- Experience of building, integrating, maintaining and managing complex software architectures, ideally across multi-cloud environments.
- Experience of building software and applications that have security, reliability, scalability, high availability and concurrency built-in from the outset.
- A strong collaborator and communicator.
- Computer Science degree or relevant experience.
- A background and relevant current experience in a hands-on integration engineering role is essential.
- Confident and comfortable to share stories internally and externally to build our Very Group brand and credibility to attract and retain talent
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
How to apply
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams or Jordan Barlow in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.