Search by job title or keyword
Senior Internal Audit Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the role
In this exciting role, you will have exposure to all aspects of managing the Internal Audit function.
This will involve providing input into the Internal Audit strategy and ways or working, input into the audit plan, delivering audits under your remit to the requisite professional standards and ensuring that key actions arising from audits are embedded.
The role will operate across all areas of the Group including Retail, Financial Services, and our Irish business.
- Supporting the formulation and delivery of the Group Internal Audit strategy.
- Providing input into the audit plan.
- Providing input into audit methodology and ways of working.
- Recruitment and development of Internal Auditors (as appropriate).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- To manage delivery of the Audit Plan to the agreed timescales and standards.
- To track and report on the implementation of actions agreed in audits.
- Support the Group Head of Internal Audit in the management of co-source partners supporting the audit plan.
- You will be a qualified auditor or accountant (IIA/ACCA/ACA/CIMA) with recent experience operating in a complex, commercial organisation.
- You will have strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. You’ll possess a high level of integrity and are able to challenge upwards and cross-functionally whilst you welcome being challenged.
- Working within a high-profile function you will be resilient, highly flexible and self-motivated. You’ll be commercial in your outlook and able to see the impact from a variety of standpoints, offering pragmatic solutions.
- You will be technically excellent with the intellectual capacity to deal with complexity and communicate complex matters in simple terms.
- Demonstrable organisational skills and the experience of managing a team of qualified Auditors
- Able to challenge upwards and cross-functionally and welcomes being challenged
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Auditor who wants to work in a fast-paced and agile business whereby your work can genuinely make a difference.
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at The Very Group is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme