Search by job title or keyword
Senior Internal Audit Manager - Technology and Data Analytics
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the role
In this exciting new role, you will combine managing Internal Audit assurance of Technology risks with developing and delivering a Data Analytics strategy for the team.
In assuring Technology risks, you will work closely with our co-source partners to ensure the audits we deliver cover the key risk areas, are delivered to the requisite professional standards and that key actions arising from audits are embedded.
Data analytics is becoming an increasingly important asset in providing Internal Audit assurance. Whilst we use data analytics in some audits today, we are looking for someone to drive us to the next level. This will involve developing a thorough understanding of the Groups data and analytical tools and determining how embedding data analytics in our audit approach can provide enhanced and more timely assurance.
The role would be suitable for someone with a Technology or Data Internal Audit background or alternatively someone with no Internal Audit background but strong experience of Data Analytics and the drive to learn and to apply their experience in a new arena.
- Supporting the formulation and delivery of the Group Internal Audit strategy with a specific focus on Technology risks and the Data Analytics strategy
- Providing input into the audit plan.
- Providing input into audit methodology and ways of working.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- To manage the delivery of Technology and Data led Audits to the agreed timescales and standards.
- Implementing the Data Analytics strategy including upskilling members of the team.
- To track and report on the implementation of actions agreed in audits.
- Support the Group Head of Internal Audit in the management of co-source partners supporting the Technology audit plan.
- You will have experience in untilising Data Analytics to add value to an organisation.
- Previous experience of Internal Audit desirable but not essential
- You will have strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Working within a high-profile function you will be resilient, highly flexible and self-motivated. You’ll be commercial in your outlook and able to see the impact from a variety of standpoints, offering pragmatic solutions.
- You will be technically excellent with the intellectual capacity to deal with complexity and communicate complex matters in simple terms.
- Demonstrable organisational skills and the experience of managing a team of qualified Auditors
- Able to challenge upwards and cross-functionally and welcomes being challenged
How to apply
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at The Very Group is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme