Search by job title or keyword
Senior Platform Engineer - DCX
About the team
Here at The Very Group we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills, and knowledge!
About the Tribe:
The Digital Customer Experience (DCX) tribe is striving to create a world class customer experience across our Mobile and Web platforms. We are in control of building this exciting future and are looking for like-minded individuals to help make this a reality.
Our working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads in DCX are small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time, and they will build a part of the product, or even create a full new product. Since each squad has contributors or owners from every domain – from engineering to product, or mobile to design – any squad has the breadth and the depth in terms of skill to for end-to-end ownership.
Our strategy is to be a world class technology and data driven team, helping our engineering teams deliver change at pace on a secure scalable and reliable platform.
As a central part of this team, you will have the opportunity to innovate, and influence, the digital transformation of one of the UK’s largest ecommerce companies to a cloud native best in breed platform built on Amazon Web Services.
As a Senior/Principal Platform Engineer you will be at the heart of driving this change forward.
- S3, ECS (Elastic Container Service), Lambda, API-Gateway, Dynamo, Step Functions, and more
- Terraform, Jenkins, Gitlab, GitlabCI
- Node.js + React.js
- Native Mobile in Java/Kotlin + Swift/Swift UI
About the role
- As a Platform Engineer you will help to design, deploy, manage, fix, and reinvent the tools, services, components, and platforms that our engineering community rely on to deliver business change.
- Your internal customers are your engineering colleagues, with a common goal to serve our external customers, and grow through learning and innovation coupled with deep inter-tribal collaboration and communication.
- You will be curious and try and continually improve the platform and service we provide, by surfacing and championing new processes, procedures, and tooling.
- You will have an agile mindset of working systems and evolutionary architectures.
- Automating toil will be at the forefront of your mind.
- To do this at pace and scale we fully understand that ‘failing fast’ is better than never succeeding.
You will work on the following:
- Design, build and maintain secure, reliable, reusable scalable cloud infrastructure
- Design, build and maintain build and release pipelines, with integrated linting, testing etc.
- Manage integrations between hosting platforms and applications
- Automate efficient working practices where possible
- Providing technical solutions to real business issues
What you’ll bring
- Experience of building reliable, secure scalable platforms,
- An understanding of AWS, terraform and the tooling listed above. Would be a bonus to have worked on Serverless applications architectures
- Team mentality
- Forward thinking
- An understanding of application development from conception to delivery
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.