Search by job title or keyword
Senior Product Manager - Credit
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
As a Retail Financial Services provider, we are revolutionising the way we offer Credit to our consumers. We want to enhance the breadth and scale of our FS offer to grow our customer base through offering new, flexible ways to pay that are right for them and enables them to shop for the products they love.
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining the FS Product team as we implement the FS Configuration Centre that is front and centre in delivering the business’ strategic objectives. We’re looking for a Senior FS Product Manager to manage end-to-end delivery of our credit offer from strategy development, through to implementation, evaluation, and continual optimisation. You will be at the forefront of our approach to deliver on our goals of growing our customer base, driving retail sales and group value.
- Lead, manage and develop the FS Commercial Analytics team.
- Responsible for the provision of high-quality analysis and insight that drives effective, group wide decision making.
- Set strategic direction for the development and undertaking of testing new strategies and customer offers, making recommendations for the implementation of any new offers, ensuring adherence to regulations.
- Development of new credit offers using commercial insight aligned to an appreciation of group value and performance of existing product suite.
- Ownership of Regulatory Persistent Debt data processes and their continuous development
- Build strong working partnerships both in FS and across the Group through working closely on strategy, projects and day-to-day trading.
- Drive and deliver innovative solutions to emerging issues.
- Drive customer value through commercial analysis and market knowledge.
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player are a must. Innovation is also key, we can always improve and you will be expected to generate ideas and identify commercial opportunities and work cross-functionally with internal teams and our 3rd party partners to bring them to life..
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who also have the below skillset:
- Good communication, presentation, explanation and influencing skills at all levels
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in Finance / Analytical function with management experience at a senior level
- Business or Finance degree or equivalent
- Extensive Retail / Financial Services experience
- Extensive knowledge of Teradata / SAS / SQL
- Experience in building effective targeting capability
- Commercial judgement and are able to determine the right decision for the business
- Self-starting individual, naturally inquisitive with a keen eye for detail.
- P&L Responsibility
- Technically excellent and able to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Able to communicate and present complex analysis in simple terms
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.