Search by job title or keyword
Senior QA Engineer - Financial Services
SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Financial Services Tribe
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work. The role itself will be a mix of on-site vs remote, we've adapted well to remote ways of working and will continue to embrace those practices moving forward.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent?
Here at The Very Group (TVG) we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge.
About the role:
The Financial Services (FS) Tribe is responsible for designing, building, changing and running technology across all our financial products and functions. It supports Account Management, Credit Risk, Fraud, Collections and Recoveries, Customer Payments, Insurance and Retail Credit Products, and will help drive future expansion into new FS products including Personal Loans.
The FS Tribe working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time and they will build a part of the product, or even create a full new product. Since each squad has contributors or owners from every domain – from engineering to product, or mobile to design – any squad has the breadth and the depth in terms of skill for end-to-end ownership.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer you will be at the heart of driving this change forward.
• You are a technical specialist and enjoy the building and testing operational process solutions that deliver value to the business, being commercially and risk aware
• Your priorities are improving stability, security and performance of operational processes whether they be batch or real-time event driven solutions
• You are a trusted technical specialist with experience working in an Agile DevSecOps way where operational performance is a significant part of engineering best practice to support a business that runs 24 x 7
• You have a drive for continuous improvement and enjoy learning new skills and technologies
• You approach all work with the desire to do the best you and your squad can, collaborating with all your colleagues, being an exemplar for how we work effectively as a team
• You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to discuss complex technical issues with senior non-technical colleagues
• You are experienced in operating in an Agile environment (SCRUM & Kanban) and are constantly looking to automate in areas such as CI/CD and quality assurance
• Proven track record of integration testing within Financial Services involving multiple applications and 3rd parties
• A hands-on approach to functional e2e testing, including UAT
• Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate confidence in taking the lead on quality deliverables and build a trusted relationship within the Tribe
• Confident communicator, both written and verbal. Happy to participate in agile ceremonies, to challenge, influence and lead demo’s and mobbing sessions.
• Ability to both lead and work within diverse multidisciplinary teams both technical and non-technical
• Understanding and Experience of Non-Functional testing
• Proficient in SQL and in using test tools such as Postman, Swagger, SOAPUI, JMeter and Jenkins
• Testing with CI/CD pipelines with knowledge of Bitbucket and Jenkins
• Experience of Jira and Confluence including setting up workflows, dashboards and filter
• Knowledge of Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (BDD & TDD)
• Ability to provide technical expertise in incident management, root cause analysis, post incident decisions and oversight of remedial work
Generous and competitive starting salary
Matched pension at 6%
£1000 additional benefits allowance
30 days holiday
Brand discount up to 25%
Cycle to work scheme
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.