Search by job title or keyword
Senior QA Engineer
About the team
Here at The Very Group (TVG) we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge.
The role will sit within a Squad in one of our 5 core Technical Tribes (FS, Customer Care, Retail, Logistics and Digital Customer Experience)
The Tribe working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time, and they will build a part of the product, or even create a full new product. Since each squad has contributors or owners from every domain – from engineering to product, or mobile to design – any squad has the breadth and the depth in terms of skill for end-to-end ownership.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer you will be at the heart of driving this change forward.About the roles:
The Senior QA Engineer is a technical specialist and enjoys building and testing operational process solutions that deliver value to the business, being commercially and risk aware.
Your priorities are improving stability, security and performance of operational processes whether they be batch or real-time event driven solutions. Being a trusted technical specialist with experience working in an Agile DevSecOps way where operational performance is a significant part of engineering best practice to support a business that runs 24 x 7.
As Senior QA Engineer you will participate in agile ceremonies, to challenge, influence and lead demo’s and mobbing sessions.
You possess a drive for continuous improvement and enjoy learning new skills and technologies
Other experience you will bring to the role includes;
- Experienced in operating in an Agile environment (SCRUM & Kanban), constantly looking to automate in areas such as CI/CD and quality assurance
- A hands-on approach to functional e2e testing, including UAT
- Ability to both lead and work within diverse multidisciplinary teams both technical and non-technical
- Understanding and experience of Non-Functional testing
- Proficient in SQL and in using test tools such as Postman, Swagger, SOAPUI, JMeter and Jenkins
- Testing with CI/CD pipelines with knowledge of Bitbucket and Jenkins
- Experience of Jira and Confluence including setting up workflows, dashboards and filter
- Knowledge of Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (BDD & TDD)
- Ability to provide technical expertise in incident management, root cause analysis, post incident decisions and oversight of remedial work
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.