Search by job title or keyword
Senior QA Engineer
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
We are looking for the pioneers who can help us move our vision for QA & Testing forward. People who want to work collaboratively across business and technology, owning the conversation on Quality to ensure we are producing great solutions for our customer.
We want people who have deep QA and test experience and who want to join our community in order to change it and make it better for the benefit of our customers experience.
Our QA Engineers work in a Project Team, a Product Squad, or a Tribe. Within that team as the Senior QA Engineer you will help us own and drive the test approach for each story or piece of work that the team delivers.
Ensure that all aspects of testing are considered using the Agile quadrants of testing and take an ‘automation first’ approach, using discussion, debate and risk to find the right balance between automated checking and exploratory testing.
Where possible coach and mentor each person in the squad to think quality, to think testing and ultimately drive a collaborative approach by organising pairing and mobbing sessions with team members.
As such you’ll need to attend, and be a key contributor in agile events and communicate the outcomes of testing and have the passion, and curiosity to become a master at your craft, and go outside your comfort zone to learn new skills.
We really need talent ambassadors at all levels to help mentor others and to help them build their skills. Additionally we will empower you to build on your own capability from self-development, both within The Very Group and externally and help you contribute to your wider community.
If you are our type of person, you’ll want to stay up-to-date with new testing tools and techniques and develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products but then also share and mentor to help others get value from the skills and knowledge you have.
In our Test capability we are looking for the pioneers who can help us move our vision for QA & Testing forward. People who want to work collaboratively across business and technology, owning the conversation on Quality to ensure we are producing great solutions for our customer. We want people who want to join our community in order to change it and make it better. It may be that you have deep experience in what you do and want to put it to the best use possible, or it may be that you are early in your QA journey, but want to learn, develop and contribute to a great journey
You will have a good level of QA and Testing experience and expertise in the domain of QA and Test, at a practical level execution level.
If you have:
- Proven work experience in software testing
- Strong knowledge of modern software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate curiosity, ownership, learning and bravery
- Experience in influencing and negotiating teams in their approach to QA
- Experience working in an Agile development process, ideally with experience of CI/CD
- Great exploratory testing skills and experience.
- Experience of Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (ATDD, BDD & TDD)
- Experience of automation with a level of proficiency in one language and have the ability to learn others
- Experience in use of tools to solve test efficiency issues, such as use of SOAP and/or REST API testing, using tools such as Postman, Swagger, SOAPUI
Experience of non-functional testing, particularly performance and security testing
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and careers progression
- £1,000 of flexible benefits allowance (can take around 90% as salary uplift)
- Bonus up to 14%
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Cycle to work scheme
- 1x Life Assurance / Private Medical
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking *subject to post code
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about QA & Test looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.