Search by job title or keyword
Senior SAS Platform Engineer
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
This is the way that Data>Insight flows to Action here at the Very Group and it is at the heart our strategy. From Retail Forecasting, to Customer Insights, Marketing Optimisation and Onsite Personalisation, through to how we enable vendors and partners to access our data. The range of Data Driven initiatives are exciting – all with a common goal – to drive actions and value from Data and Insights.
We are working to continually improve our estate, and to build pioneering technology to enable technology and data professionals and The Very Group as a whole.
Our working model differs drastically from traditional organisations where team members are often constrained by isolated, small scale, deliverables. Our squads operate like small start-ups that take on multiple projects in order to work collaboratively toward high quality, sustainable solutions. In joining the Analytical Platform squad, you will be supported by colleagues with the breadth of skills required for end-to-end ownership of key deliverables.
About the role
You will be working directly with business stakeholders on SAS platforms and products to ensure development is targeted towards sustainable deployment and growth.
Setting up, maintaining, and evolving the cloud infrastructure of our SAS platform will also be a large part of the role. This is a ‘hand’s on’ platform developer, responsible for the deployment of advanced tooling across the data organisation.
- Proven track record of delivering SAS/Analytical platforms at scale
- Good understanding of SAS domain and workflow, informed from practical experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of new technological developments around data ingestion, EDW, BI and analytical software
- Cloud experience – developed and maintained platform infrastructure on technology such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure etc.
- Infrastructure as code experience – developed using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet etc.
- Experience building VM images and docker containers
- Experience of CI/CD pipeline technologies such as Jenkins, etc.
- Experience integrating with data warehouse environments such as Microsoft SQL Server, Hadoop, Teradata, Amazon RedShift, Oracle, or SPDS.
- Knowledge of platform security, performance, server design, cross-platform architecture, system backup, recovery, and storage administration
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.