Search by job title or keyword
Senior Security Architect
We are looking for a Senior Security Architect to join the Tech Ops Architecture team, bringing a wealth architecture design and technical expertise in cloud and physical security tooling, modules & products:
As you will be coming in relatively early on in our transformation, you’ll be tasked with defining the security roadmap, assisting with security and cybersecurity solutions, as well as preventative threat and vulnerability detection and analysis.
You won’t only be working within the architecture team, as you’ll be working across all business domains (FS, Retail, Supply Chain, Customer, Digital, Data and Tech) and ensuring the groups and our customers’ security.
These skills should cover the following areas: -
- Security roadmaps & architecture design for information security, cyber security, IAM and Identity Governance components & capabilities.
- Understanding of Information Security technologies, (i.e., Splunk, Akamai, Trend)
- Understanding of Network security (e.g., firewalls, WAF’s, IDS/IPS, NAC)
- Cloud security across different platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Oracle, IBM)
- Working within recognized security standards & regulations
This role bridges the gap between Senior Security Consultants, Technical Specialists, Engineers and Heads of Tech and Information Security – providing thought leadership, strategic solutions, governance and leadership around their areas of responsibility.
- Experience of delivering large technology change programmes or projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven track record of delivery in both iterative and continuous delivery approaches.
- Ability to operate in a complex stakeholder and technology environment.
- Significant experience of building, integrating, maintaining, and managing complex software & technical architectures (both build and bought), ideally across multi-cloud environments.
- Able to integrate various security & data protection technologies and controls into a cohesive architecture that sufficiently mitigates security risks to the company.
- Experience in working within recognized security standards and regulations
- Good understanding of the security controls provided in common platforms and applications in the corporate environment
- Working knowledge, and design experience, for SaaS, PaaS, IaaS solutions and migrations.
- Has a deep technical understanding of information security technologies
- Expert level knowledge of security, reliability, scalability, high availability and concurrency architectural patterns and their application to enterprise scale systems.
- Expert level experience of building, integrating and migrating service / component-based architectures across modern and legacy platforms.
- Practical experience of successfully delivering change in a lean / agile / DevSecOps environment.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £6,500 Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.