Search by job title or keyword
Senior UX Designer
About the team
The Digital Customer Experience (DCX) tribe is striving to create a world-class customer experience across our Mobile app and Web platforms. We are in control of building this exciting future and are looking for like-minded individuals to help make this a reality. We need people with strong backgrounds in mobile app retail experiences to help us on this journey as we strive to define, design, build and run frictionless experiences that set The Very Group apart from other online retailers.
About the role
With a big ambition and millions of our loyal customers using the experiences we create every day; design plays a huge part in what we do at The Very Group (and rightly so!).
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer who can push boundaries, create great accessible experiences based on deep customer insight and disrupt the way we do things today.
You will help bring our Mobile app strategy to life, contribute to our Design System and be the voice of all things Design in one of our product squads. You will work in a collaborative hybrid environment, working closely with your cross-functional team of UX researchers, Product Managers, Engineers, Data Analysts, BAs, Testers and Delivery leads.
You will be involved in the end-to-end designs for the squad initiatives, contribute to shaping the vision and roadmaps for your product area and facilitate discovery sessions with both your squad and the wider business.
You will also be joining a collaborative team of designers and researchers from diverse backgrounds who use their deep understanding of our customers to create seamless and intuitive experiences across all our brands and platforms.
Day to day
- Partner with your product team and researcher on discovery that informs the squad vision, roadmaps, and priorities.
- Ground everything you do in a deep understanding of user needs, motivations, behaviours, accessibility, and performance measures.
- Collaborate with partners across the business to influence on UX best practices across multiple devices and ways of working.
- Spot opportunities for growth within our design capability and work with the UX Manager and team to drive forward solutions.
- For more experienced Designers, the opportunity to mentor and coach junior designers (including the opportunity of line management if aligned to career goals).
What you’ll bring
- A data and insight-driven mindset that works collaboratively and openly with our UX Research team.
- Experience with end-to-end product design for mobile-first, iOS and Android devices, facilitating workshops, prototyping and testing.
- Collaboration with researchers, data analysts, product managers and developers to bring products to life through storytelling.
- Ability to champion our UX/UI design principles and contribute to our Design system with a constant lens on accessibility and inclusive design.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs (dependent on grade)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays (dependent on grade)
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.