Search by job title or keyword
Senior UX Designer
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Design at The Very Group
With a big ambition and millions of our loyal customers using the experiences we create every day, design plays a huge part in what we do at The Very Group (and rightly so!). We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer who’s passionate about pushing the boundaries, creating great experiences based on deep customer insight and disrupting the way we do things today.
You’ll be joining a collaborative team of designers and researchers from a range of different backgrounds who use their deep understanding of our customers to create seamless and intuitive experiences across all of our brands and platforms.
Day to day
- Create simple and intuitive experiences for our customers across all brands and devices
- Work with product managers, engineers, and researchers to drive our products through from discovery to delivery (ideation to validation)
- Ground everything you do in a deep understanding of user needs, motivations, behaviours and performance measures
- Collaborate with partners across the business to influence on UX best practice and ways of working
- Spot opportunities for growth within our design capability and pro-actively own and drive solutions
- Stay connected to new technologies, design trends and emerging UI patterns to drive transformation in both the retail and financial services space
What you need to be successful
- A strong background in user experience design (designing across platforms and devices)
- A passion for solving real customer problems and an obsession to delight users through the experiences you create
- Demonstrable experience with end-to-end product design, facilitating workshops, prototyping, testing, and collaborating with researchers, data analysts, product managers and developers to bring products to life
- Expert knowledge of best practice UX and UI design principles when designing for multi-devices
- Strong knowledge and experience of using day to day design tools (Sketch/Adobe XD, InVision, Axure)
- A strong appreciation of user research and experimentation
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills, allowing you to strongly articulate opportunities and solutions. When you present your designs people are inspired and want to take action.
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Up to 14% bonus
- 6% matched pension
- £1000 additional benefits allowance (add things like healthcare, life assurance etc)
- Remote / office split
- Ongoing training and development
- Up to 25% discount at Very
How to apply
If you're interested to find out more please contact Jordan Barlow in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.