Search by job title or keyword
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst
About the team
The Service Desk is the first line of support for 5000+ Colleagues, supporting our digital transformation by providing live chat, telephone, e-mail and ticket routing services for service, stability and security incidents and deliver first level investigation and remediation activities.
Here you'll be working on our Tech Service Desk, within the Tech Ops Centre. This will be the single point of contact and for Tech/IT queries and issues from across the organisation, covering a wide range of business applications for teams such as customer care, warehousing, websites/ecommerce, financial services, marketing, retail, buying, merchandising, supply chain and logistics etc.
You'll be supporting our colleagues in a hybrid working model (both office based and remote), providing first line support/fixes and managing SLA’s with second and third line support teams and suppliers.
We desire people who seek opportunities to expand and evolve the Service Desk and become more self-sufficient, taking on more first line support and fixes.
Day to day:
- Triaging issues and service requests via live chat, phone and e-mail
- Troubleshooting colleagues’ issue(s) and resolve upon first contact, when possible
- Recording and documenting accurately all details of the issue(s) or service request, including categorisation and priority into the IT service desk tool
- Providing "how to" assistance on all internally supported devices and systems
- Escalating issues and requests to appropriate specialist support groups / subject-matter experts in accordance with service-level agreements, following up as appropriate
- Leveraging internal and external resources (knowledge bases, manuals, support sites, vendors) to answer questions and resolve issues
- Responding to colleague inquiries regarding the status of incident / service request tickets, performing follow-ups
- Contributing to the creation/facilitation/maintenance of FAQ documents, knowledge articles and user guides
- Creating/deleting users, setup and maintenance of Exchange mailboxes/groups, Active Directory user admin, Office 365 troubleshooting.
- Experience in a technical troubleshooting IT role similar to this opportunity
- Experience as the first point contact with end-users and / or customer service role
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to learn new technology and applications
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.