Search by job title or keyword
Social Media Community Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
As a brand, we are revolutionising the way we communicate with our consumers. We want to use Social Media and Influencers to grow brand awareness, consideration and desire through innovative, game-changing campaigns.
We’re looking for a Community Manager to act as the bridge between the Very brand and our consumers. Creating and building an active, engaged and inspired community on our owned social media channels. You will have excellent copywriting skills and experience in developing community engagement strategies, delivering increased engagement rates and a shift in positive sentiment. You will be tapped into the cultural zeitgeist, you will have experience of capturing and fuelling word of mouth through fresh, interesting and innovative social media content.
Our Team Ambition.
Our aim is to become a British retail icon by moving beyond women’s fashion and becoming known as an emotive, multi-category store, famous for value and quality.
We want Very to own the moments that touch the hearts of Brits to cement our ‘new icon’ status. From the big events like royal weddings to everyday magic moments like a PJ premiere on the sofa, we’ll be there to tell relevant, relatable stories, share experiences and products, playing our role at the forefront of British retail and innovation.
- Build the Very social community by stimulating and sustaining consumers conversations
- Management of the Very social media community across all platforms
- Act as the responsive voice of the Very brand across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Craft copy for all social media content, including campaigns and monthly content plans
- Monitor conversations and manage the daily operations for organic social media
- Collaborate with the customer service team to develop a complaint escalation strategy.
- Continually monitor the community sentiment, identifying threats and opportunities
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. Therefore, our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a social media editorial role
- Genuine passion for building and nurturing social media communities
- Proven track record of building communities on social media
- Extensive understanding of multiple social media channels
- Experience as a best in class social media copywriter
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and collaborative team player
- Efficient and organised with good time management
- Excellent attention to detail and rigour in producing work to tight deadlines
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.