Search by job title or keyword
Social Media Executive - 12 month FTC
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
Our Team Ambition.
Our aim is to become a British retail icon by moving beyond women’s fashion and becoming known as an emotive, multi-category store, famous for value and quality.
We want Very to own the moments that touch the hearts of Brits to cement our ‘new icon’ status. From the big events like royal weddings to everyday magic moments like a PJ premiere on the sofa, we’ll be there to tell relevant, relatable stories, share experiences and products, playing our role at the forefront of British retail and innovation.
As a brand, we are revolutionising the way we connect with our consumers. We want to use Social Media and Influencers to grow brand awareness, consideration and desire through innovative, groundbreaking campaigns!
We’re looking for a Social Media Executive to act as the bridge between the Very brand and our consumers. Creating and building an active, engaged and inspired community on our owned social media channels.
- Support the Social Media Manager in developing ideas for the monthly social calendar
- Support with content development for Very’s social channels
- Build the Very social community by stimulating and sustaining consumers
- Act as the responsive voice of the Very brand across all Social Media channels.
- Daily community management, assisting with the monitoring and answering of all customer related questions.
- Manage team admin such as the product ordering, managing competition T&C's, raising PO's etc.
This role would suit someone who has their finger on the pulse of social, they know what’s trending and what’s not and although they may not have tonnes of experience they’re keen to share their ideas and even more willing to learn.
This person will have an intrinsic knowledge and understanding of social media, they will constantly bring new information to the attention of their team and senior stakeholders. They will be a true digital native, someone who relishes great social media content and takes pride in creating it.
- Great community building or customer service skills with 1+ year social media experience
- Deep understanding of all key social channels including Insta, TikTok, Facebook and Twitter
- Possess great communication skills and be a skilled copywriter
- You’ll be driven and passionate about online culture
- Proactive attitude to identifying and engaging with emerging trends
- Stong time management skills and the ability to create and manage strategies
- An ability to work with different teams, and to demonstrate a flexibility to work across many projects at the same time
- Knowledge of global cultural events in fashion, music, art, design, etc. with a focus on UK
- Open to frequent travel to London / Liverpool to build relationships with wider brand team
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.