Search by job title or keyword
Social Media Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
As a brand, we are revolutionising the way we communicate with our consumers. We want to use Social Media and Influencers to grow brand awareness, consideration and desire through innovative, game-changing campaigns.
We’re looking for a Social Media Lead to manage end to end delivery of social content (reactive & proactive), from strategy development through to implementation and evaluation, working with a cross functional team of stakeholders from across the business and our external agency partners. You will help design and recommend optimal social media content to deliver on our goals of growing brand awareness, consideration and desire amongst our target consumers.
Our Team Ambition.
Our aim is to become a British retail icon by moving beyond women’s fashion and becoming known as an emotive, multi-category store, famous for value and quality.
We want Very to own the moments that touch the hearts of Brits to cement our ‘new icon’ status. From the big events like royal weddings to everyday magic moments like a PJ premiere on the sofa, we’ll be there to tell relevant, relatable stories, share experiences and products, playing our role at the forefront of British retail and innovation.
- Implement and continually refine Very’s social media strategy
- Deliver on brand awareness, engagement and performance KPI’s
- Lead the creation of monthly social media content plans
- Deliver social-first content optimised for key channels
- Generate ideas for social-first activity, testing new formats and features
- Continually develop new innovative ideas and identify content opportunities to further recruit, engage and convert new and existing consumers
- Integrate social activity across other channels including email, onsite and paid
- Develop close relationships with stakeholders around the business to ensure our work is closely connected to and meets needs of the business
- Share learnings, creative recommendations and best practices with wider marketing team to drive e role of social media and deeper integration deeper understanding of the role of
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. Therefore, our ideal candidate will have:
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.