Search by job title or keyword
Software Engineers - React (DCX)
About the team
Here at The Very Group we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge!
About the Tribe:
The Digital Customer Experience (DCX) tribe is striving to create a world class customer experience across our Mobile and Web platforms. We are in control of building this exciting future and are looking for like-minded individuals to help make this a reality. We need people with strong backgrounds in digital retail to help us on this journey as we strive to define, design, build and run frictionless experiences that sets The Very Group apart from other online retailers
Tech Stack: React & Node.js, Java, Spring Boot, microservices & serverless, Go, AWS and more.
This working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time, and they will build a part of the product, or even create a full new product. Since each squad has contributors or owners from every domain – from engineering to product, or mobile to design – any squad has the breadth and the depth in terms of skill to for end-to-end ownership.About the roles:
We are looking for a number of React Engineers at all levels to join our Digital Customer Experienced tribe and be a part of something truly special.
Our Tech teams have recently gone through a transition to a new working model and culture, one structured around cross-functional teams we called squads. Our squads will make up an overall Tribe. Each tribe is responsible for designing, building, running and improving the technology that relates to their business area, all aimed at providing a world class experience for our customers.
- Our Senior Engineers will either work as Tech Leads or support our current Tech Leads within autonomous product teams, delivering products that align to our other key business goals.
- Our Senior Engineers will assist in the technical delivery of great software and they will help lead the technical direction for the team.
- For our senior roles, we always look for the ability to coach and mentor other team members, in fact we think this attitude is needed for these roles.
- Within our model, Agile software development is key. For these roles you’ll need experience in Agile practice such as BDD, TDD and pair programming.
- We are looking for people who can explain very technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, carry out technical prioritisation and work well with colleagues in and outside of the team at all levels.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £250-£1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs (dependent on role grade)
- 27-30 days holiday + bank holidays (dependent on role grade)
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.