Search by job title or keyword
Specialist Support Team Advisor
We’re The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
Our award-winning Customer Care Team are at the forefront of our relationship with our customers. We are not only passionate about achieving the right outcome and making quality decisions dedicated to helping our customers and their families get more out of life.
The Specialist Support Team is responsible for supporting vulnerable customers of The Very Group. They make a real difference to our customers by ensuring we treat them fairly whilst evaluating their situation, understanding the business impact and making informed decisions.
About the role
Various shift patterns available to be discussed at interview stage, working Monday-Friday with one late night per week.
Working within the Specialist Support Team, you will be part of a team that offers support to our most vulnerable customers.
This is an ambitious, innovative and award-winning department working to responsibly deal with customer issues and vulnerabilities. They help to provide solutions and advice to meet the individual customer needs in a responsible, supportive and fair manner.
- Speaking to customers over the phone who have outstanding debt or who have not met payments on their account
- Using a customer-centric approach to offer a bespoke solution to a range of customers with different requirements
- Recovering outstanding customer arrears using problem solving skills
- Delivering a positive outcome for the customer in what can be a difficult, and emotional phone call
- Assessing the impact of the solution for The Very Group and working within FCA and FOS guidelines
- Communicating with a range of external third parties
You’ll be a great communicator, able to create and build rapport with the customer verbally to create a conversation that helps to identify and solve the issue that the customer is facing.
The most important skills for this role are empathy, emotional intelligence and resilience. Our customers are so important to our business, and we support them throughout their time with us.
- Adaptable and decisive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, thinking quickly about the best solution
- Agile in your approach to work, possessing confident decision making skills whilst keeping focus on our customers.
- Empathetic and patient towards our customers, to allow the formulation of a solution that will deliver positive outcome for both parties
- Overcoming barriers with customers by developing rapport and gaining trust, through expert questioning skills
- Planned and organised and comfortable with understanding the commercial reality of a range of solutions in order to offer the accurate information to the customer
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning platform
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.