Search by job title or keyword
Stock Planning Manager - Operations
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Stock Planning Manager - Operations, to be based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for a Stock Planning Manager to work within a small but focussed centralised stock management team, solely to focus on volume/operational planning, across all our product categories, that are serviced currently by 2 Fulfilment centres, Skygate & Wrexham. This is a new incremental role to the existing team recognising our desire to plan even more accurately in even more detail in order to maximise both the effectiveness & efficiency of our sites.
You will take responsibility for the creation and management of the operating plan, working with the category teams across Fashion, Developing categories , Home, and Electrical, alongside the central category stock planning managers, and with the operations management team who are the key stakeholders.
Within the Retail division we have a category management structure which allows each category to have ownership and accountability for the P&L within the team to source, range, price, sell and analyse performance to drive further growth and deliver a winning customer experience.
Alongside that we have a central Retail operations function that works with each of the category teams. This function acts as the heartbeat across the business, joining together the product categories, finance, fulfilment & logistics operations, understanding the relationships and trade-offs, and having a balanced perspective across all.
We have opened our new state-of-the-art Fulfilment centre ‘Skygate’ situated at the East Midlands gateway which has been a huge success. It represents the latest cutting-edge technologies, giving us more opportunities to further improve the service to our customers, with the central operations team, and this specific job role playing a pivotal part in its successful launch and first peak season trading.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business, but we can guarantee a really rewarding role for the right individual, so what are we looking for?
- Highly numerate, with a strong focus on accuracy. There’s a lot of detailed planning & response work, so you’ll need to enjoy working the detail, as well as being able to ‘raise your gaze’ & look forward
- A collaborative mindset & approach, essential as part of this role within central operations. Ability to connect across the organisation with multiple stakeholders
- Passionate about both delivery in the immediate/short-term and constantly pushing forward capability, within both this team and across the Retail function
- Credible & influential – often we must deliver through others and across multiple teams
- A great communicator across a range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- A high level of technical skills, Excel, PowerPoint, BI systems
- A data and insight driven, analytical approach
- Ideally a retail background, great track record, with skills gained from a Supply Chain Planning, Planning, Merchandising or Trading role.
- Demonstrable experience of budget planning across a range of categories or lines
- Energetic, driven, results focussed and passionate about constant improvement
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status