Search by job title or keyword
Supplier Senior Delivery Manager (12 month FTC)
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.About the team
The Retail Tribe within the Very Group is responsible for designing, building, integrating, and running technology across all retail products and functions. Retail capabilities span Product Sourcing, Planning, Forecasting, Buying, Merchandising and Pricing, as well as the Product journey from initial setup to being live on site!
We are on a journey that will see 95% of our existing retail technology replaced with modern market leading cloud solutions. To support the successful delivery of this change we have some exciting new opportunities to join the Retail Tribe in roles either focussed on delivering the change to our internal teams or our suppliers.
Squads & Tribes Model
For us this means a cross-functional team and structure. The overall Tribe will have a subset of teams, or as we call them, Squads. Each with a mission to solve specific business challenges.
This working model differs from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time, building a part of a product, or even creating a full new product.
About the role
There are lots of positive changes that we need to share with our suppliers and brands, from the way we will be importing our product data from them through to our new purchase orders and the self-bill invoicing process. Our new PIM solution will also significantly improve the quality of our selling data.
We have a large supplier network that we partner with and all of them need to be taken on our change journey. We are creating a new squad to support this, with the delivery role essential for ensuring we have a robust and well managed timeline for landing the change with our suppliers.
We’re looking for the successful candidates to bring with them / support:
- Strong communication and influencing skills to engage senior stakeholders
- Experienced at building strategic supplier relationships
- Creation of the roll out and delivery plan for each supplier/brand
- Ongoing monitoring of the plan to ensure all deadlines are met
- Identifying and owning the resolution of impediments, helping team to overcome
- Managing post launch feedback
- Bring together key areas of the business to ensure alignment of the plan and key deliverables
- Promote agile and value driven delivery principles within the team
- Encouraging behaviours to facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team.
- Experience coaching and mentoring both team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.