Search by job title or keyword
Supplier Transformation Manager (Retail) - 12 month FTC
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team
The Retail Tribe within the Very Group is responsible for designing, building, integrating, and running technology across all retail products and functions. Retail capabilities span Product Sourcing, Planning, Forecasting, Buying, Merchandising and Pricing, as well as the Product journey from initial setup to being live on site!
We are on a journey that will see 95% of our existing retail technology replaced with modern market leading cloud solutions and we are looking for 2 Supplier Transformation Manager's to help us deliver the change to our internal teams and suppliers.
About the role
There are lots of positive changes that we need to share with our suppliers and brands, from the way we will be importing our product data from them through to our new purchase orders and the self-bill invoicing process. Our new PIM solution will also significantly improve the quality of our selling data.
We have over 1000 suppliers that we partner with and all of them need to be taken on our change journey and so we are recruiting a small squad who will be focussed on supporting them on the transition.
- Working closely with Product Managers in the Retail tribe to understand the detailed changes being made to the technology and ways of working and be able to communicate those changes to both category teams and partners
- Support the building of the communication for suppliers and the plan to support them on the transition
- Building relationships with key suppliers to enable us to test and learn about how changes will land with our suppliers
- Communication of the changes to suppliers
- Create training materials for suppliers and conduct training sessions where appropriate
- Support on queries and post live support with suppliers
We’re looking for the successful candidates to bring with them;
- Team player with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working within retail and with branded and own brand suppliers
- Well organised with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of the organisational hierarchy
- Ability to build strong working relationships with suppliers and internal teams
- Ability to communicate clear and concise messages to suppliers and internal teams
- High level of negotiation skills
- Experience of implementing new ways of working
- Experience of reporting on progress within a project environment
- Willingness to travel in the UK and globally as and when required
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.