Search by job title or keyword
Supply Chain Lead
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Supply Chain Lead to join our Electrical Category team based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
This a brand new role added into our category structure; to lead the execution of the Supply Chain, ensuring Electrical stock is available to meet forecast demand requirements and supplier performance is managed to give our expected levels of customer service.
This role reports directly into our Senior Supply Chain Manager and has management responsibility of 4 Supply Chain Assistants. It is well suited to someone with experience of managing the external supply base, as they will have the accountability for the stock of our well known brands. Someone currently working for a retailer as a Junior Merchandiser, Supply Chain planner or similar would have a well suited background.
- Deliver control mechanisms of stock holding plans, cash ‘Open to Buy’ utilisation and forward stock projections., coordinating work across categories. Report to Heads of Category on outputs.
- Work with supply base to ensure expected levels of availability are delivered, creating action plans with suppliers to address under performance. Summarise supplier performance to Heads of Category
- Plan required elements of warehouse stockflow and capacities for the department, while sharing relevant parts of category plans with operational stakeholders
- Management of Direct Despatch suppliers to deliver expected levels of inventory and availability, managing customer promise accurately to minimise broken promise
- Ensuring robust processes adhered to make sure Purchase Orders are raised in line with category inventory plans, and are progressed to be delivered on time, managing customer promise in event of held orders being taken.
- Work closely with Category teams, Category Manager and Forecasting & Stock Planners, to understand the sales plan and forecast, to then ensure supply chain is set up to support delivery, while highlighting current issues faced, driving collaborative action plans to resolve.
- Daily Interaction with suppliers to discuss sales, stock and supply position, highlight and solve current issues. Lead these conversations on behalf of the department, but drawing on Category colleagues as appropriate
- Previous experience in working with and managing suppliers is essential
- Previous experience in Retail is highly desirable
- Commercial Acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Leads and engages a high performing team
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Capable of developing operational expertise of our business and that of our suppliers
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you are required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status