Search by job title or keyword
Sustainability Assistant - Supply Chain
About the team.
I have another exciting Sustainability Assistant role working within our CSR team. Reporting into the Senior Sustainability Manager you will have key relationships with the Head of CSR, the wider CSR team, Suppliers/Factories, the Comms Team and external governing bodies.
The CSR team is expanding rapidly in order to implement and deliver our CSR Strategy so its an excellent time to join.
About the role.
To support in the delivery of The Very Groups sustainability strategy. Particularly focusing on the environmental and social impacts of our supply chain, whilst supporting with the wider sustainability agenda. You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy of data and developing communications for internal and external use. Engaging with key stakeholders on progress against the sustainability strategy and targets is a fundamental part of the role.
- Work closely with the Sustainability team to support in tracking progress against the strategy and reporting on progress against targets
- Data management and analysis to understand environmental impact
- Management of key systems and data points
- Contributing to external reports, presentations and internal publications
- Keep abreast of current affairs in the Social and Environmental world relevant to our business operations, informing the team as appropriate
- Developing knowledge on environmental and social matters with support from the team
- Representing the CSR team internally and externally as appropriate
- Degree in a relevant subject
- An interest in Social and Environmental issues in global supply chains with demonstratable knowledge
- Familiarity with environmental impact data
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Some of our benefits.
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- £250 Flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.