Search by job title or keyword
Sustainability Communications Lead
I have an exciting role available for a Sustainability Communications Lead that will work in our CSR team. This is a key role within the team, managing annual reporting including UNGC COP, Modern Slavery and Carbon reporting as well as provide analysis and advice on how to meet our sustainability targets. You will report directly into our Head of CSR and have key relationships with the comms team, marketing team, commercial teams and external governing bodies.
About the role.
The Sustainability Communications Lead will support the Sustainability Team in driving sustainability throughout the business and communicating to key stakeholders. This role will manage annual reporting including UNGC COP, Modern Slavery and Carbon reporting as well as provide analysis and advice on how to meet our sustainability targets. Additionally, progress towards ambitions are to be identified and shared across appropriate communication channels with the aim of driving engagement and promoting The Very Group brands.
- Ensure progressive sustainability reporting, ensuring The Very Group maintains pace with trends in ESG reporting to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues, investors, and other stakeholders
- Alongside broader team, highlight opportunities to model potential improvements in sustainability programmes based on data
- Work with the comms and marketing team to ensure consistency and the use of story-telling to deliver compelling messages to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop The Very Group’s narrative and key messages to bring our Sustainability story to life
- Champion The Very Group sustainability programme, representing The Very Group externally to share learning and drive collaboration in the industry
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Sustainability looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant and please inform your current line manager.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- An enthusiasm for sustainability with demonstratable experience and understanding of ESG reporting
- Knowledge of leading ESG reporting standards, such as TCFD, GRI and SASB
- An ability to inspire others and bring sustainability to life
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to assimilate complex data and information into clear and engaging communications
- A written communication style that is clear, succinct and engaging
- Comfortable with public speaking and able to enthuse an audience
- A detail oriented and meticulous approach to your work
- Demonstrable credibility and ability to interact with senior management, colleagues and external stakeholders in a professional, confident manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Independent in outlook and approach especially with regard to organisational skills and time management of self
- Tenacity and drive
- Efficient management of team resources
- Discretion and confidentiality