Search by job title or keyword
Tech Bar Support - Kickstarter
Please note that the Kickstarter placements are a government-funded scheme and to apply you need to have been referred by your local Job Centre Job Coach to be eligible; you must be between 16-24 years old. If you have not been referred for this position by your local jobcentre job coach your application will not be considered.
As the UK's largest retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position in our market and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century and our employees have played a huge part in our success. Kickstarter is a great opportunity for the next generation; by providing a work placement for young and enthusiastic individuals who can bring a fresh approach and new ideas to the workplace. Our ambition is to unlock the potential of the next generation entering the workforce, we will offer relevant work placements, industry-leading training and development and hands-on experience. Are you ready to reinvent?
About the team.
Tech support teams in the UK have been at the heart of everyone’s role since the move to remote working. Building skills and experience within the digital and tech space is a great area to focus on – with this area thriving and continuing to change the future of work. The ‘tech bar support’ role is aimed at young people with a passion for tech and helping others, as well as a curiosity to learn new skills - - building a young person’s tech confidence, knowledge, networking and communication skills. The kickstarters will work in a small team with lots of support, bolstered with an individual training and development plan, plus a dedicated tech mentor to support the young person’s future career path.
Your day will have real variety, one day you could be providing technical support remotely to our colleagues or on site in our state-of-the-art Tech Bar looking after our new starters or providing some basic training needs. A day in the life of a Tech Bar team member can do any of these activities:
- Providing technical support to our colleagues, Learning basic admin skills
- Work with the latest Apple technology Creating Tech Bar comms Creating content for Tech Bar
- Ability to develop your skills using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite Contribute to ‘how to’ demo sessions and inform colleagues about kit/tech and solving common IT issues (Creating guide content for our Tech Bar self-service hub)
- Know how to fix most iOS and iPhone issues Provide ‘top tips’ for colleagues when using their laptops/iPhones/iPads/Surface hubs Use the latest Microsoft Surface Hub devices Tech Bar bookings, Tech Bar requests, Tech Bar tech walk-ins/ virtual appointments / drop-ins Windows 10 upgrades MacBook support/builds
Support for you
The Very Group commit to giving each young person the best possible Kickstart experience over the six-month programme. We’ll be working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support you to make the most of your experience with The Very Group and to reach your potential.
- Pre-Placement – interview skills webinar and digital materials
- Pastoral care – dedicated line manager, buddy, mentor, weekly check-ins and 1:1s with a youth worker
- Building employability skills – four employability skills webinars, access to digital resources and three aspirational career talks by young ambassadors
- Training and support for The Very Group role - for each work rotation they complete, ongoing performance conversations and building their personal development plan
- Job centre and work coaches keep in touch sessions – providing an opportunity to keep the work coaches updated and the young person ongoing access to future roles
- Skills for supporting future job searches – including CV support, interview skills and practice and personal branding
- Support post-Kickstart – including personal job plan and evidence book, plus further support available post-programme from The Princes Trust
- Plus, there’ll be a group placement celebration at the end of the six-month programme!
- Some MS office experience including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint etc
- An interest in computers/ mobile phones Confidence with tech Ie. Setting up new mobile phones, fixing basic computer issues.
- Have a real thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- You will be a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Good time and self-management skills
- Flexibility to work shift patterns in line with customer demand
- Good numeracy and literacy skills Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
How to apply
We are not asking for a CV to apply for this position, where you have come from, what experience you have and your education are not what matters to us, what matters is you!! Once you click "APPLY" below you will be asked to enter your contact details (email, contact number) you will then be sent a short video to watch explaining the role in a little more detail, we will ask you to tell us why you want to apply. You can do this in your own time. We really look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.