Search by job title or keyword
Tech Ops Analyst
About the team
The Technology Operations Centre (TOC) will cover 24*7 with 3 people on each shift and is the epicentre of The Very Group Technology – monitoring all platforms and responding to any incidents, both Cyber Security and Stability.
This role is required to work shifts, including nighttime working to support the 24/7 monitoring and support of The Very Group.
About the role:
The role is responsible for the monitoring of the tech estate, and where required escalation of related incidents passed from the TOC tooling, playing a key part in incident detection and resolution.
You will be involved in vulnerability assessments and monitoring of systems, networks, databases and Web hosted services for issues, such as stability and system breaches.
Acting as a first line triage for the Technology Operations Centre, you will provide 24/7 first line telephone, e-mail and ticket routing services for service, stability and security event notifications and incident response processes, and deliver first level investigation and remediation activities.
Encouraged to seek opportunities to expand and evolve the TOC, become more self-sufficient, tackling more first line support and fixes.
The team operate a 4-on/4-off shift pattern which consist of 12 hours per shift (days and nights).
What you will bring to the role;
- A keen curiosity about Tech and a broad understanding of the Tech Service Management & Information Security.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- Brilliant verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyse complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with service outages and security threats and at times of high demand.
- Knowledge of latest and legacy tech platforms.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.