Search by job title or keyword
Technical and Onsite SEO Executive
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the role.
As we continue the evolution of The Very Group websites, and increase our emphasis on customer experience, our pursuit of technical perfection in SEO is now more important than ever. With a growing emphasis on the brand awareness driven by organic search and our ambition to make Very a household name, now is an exciting time to join the SEO team at The Very Group.
Collaborating with the Organic Growth Lead, the Technical and Onsite SEO Executive will support the delivery of our SEO strategy, with a focus on technical SEO, onsite optimisation and supporting offsite activity. Working alongside a wide range of teams across the business to drive SEO best practice into everything we do, this role will be key to the continued success of The Very Group.
- Growing organic visibility of our sites using best practice technical and onsite SEO techniques
- Identify opportunities across our sites to improve technical and onsite performance and propose changes to the wider team
- Work with SEO agency to conduct technical site audits
- Work as the first point of contact for all technical SEO queries at The Very Group and be a voice for SEO on projects that could impact SEO performance
- On page optimisation focusing on titles, descriptions, content and page mark-up
- Proofreading content and updating our key gallery pages
- Keyword research and monitoring to drive relevant traffic to site
- Ad-hoc reporting to provide insight into SEO performance
- Support offsite SEO where needed with blogger scouting, outreach and campaign ideation
A confident, self-starting SEO executive, you’ll have deep technical skills and be comfortable working across several very different projects and communicating with a number of key teams and external agencies.
Self-development and a passion to learn mean you will continually stay on top of the latest developments in SEO, looking for opportunity to implement changes in-line with our strategy and supporting our improved performance.
Alongside these core SEO skills, an interest in digital marketing, brand marketing and delivering a world-class customer experience will make you a key part in driving The Very Group forward.
- 12-18 months experience working within SEO
- In-depth knowledge of SEO in practice
- Deep technical SEO knowledge (robots, sitemaps Core Vitals)
- Basic HTML, CSS, JS understanding
- Understanding process of large site migrations
- Experience with SEO tools (GA, GSC, AHREFS, Screaming frog, Moz, SEMrush)
- Understanding of end to end keyword research with focus on search intent and relevancy
- Experience of on page optimisation and content creation/ proofing/ editing
- Knowledge of content management systems and integration
- Knowledge of offsite SEO techniques, outreach and building natural looking backlink profile
- Challenger mindset, questioning existing ways of working and suggesting new initiatives
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.