Search by job title or keyword
Data Management Principal
Data Management Principal
About the role
We have embarked on an ambitious journey, to modernise our Data domain working with new
cutting edge technology working within the Data Science, Analytics, Strategy and Engineering team.
The Data Management Principal will work and lead within the Data Excellence and Governance team working towards a backlog of work to grow and develop our data catalog platform and data quality measures. They act as ambassadors of best practice for Data Management balancing data risks whilst ensuring business value is not impacted.
The tooling will be managed by Data Excellence and Governance but will be rolled out across all tribes at TVG in order to provide the tooling for tribes to manage their data in accordance with regulation.
The Data Management Principal will collaborate with nominated data stewards to ensure Data Management best practice is maintained.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Own the delivery assigned via a back log to successful completion.
- Collaborate cross functionally on issue resolution seeking support from the Data Governance Manager where required.
- Sets the expectations to CDO, Data Governance Manager and peers around progress on data management deliverables.
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative relationships across the wider The Very Group communities working cross functionally.
- Applies Data Governance principles and standards around deliverables.
What you’ll bring
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, Python or SQL.
- Experience of working with data catalogs i.e. Alation, Collibra, Atlan etc…
- Defines an operating model that can be scaled for a data catalog rollout.
- Sets and owns the roadmap for the Data Catalog tooling, working with our chosen supplier.
- Has data analysis experience to help find resolution to any data issues / risks that could pose a risk to data integrity.
- Has an understanding of GDPR regulation and can educate others.
- Can influence senior leaders to apply data management best practices.
- Worked within a cloud environment, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience or knowledge of Data Warehousing Technologies and data lakes using large sets of data.
- Understanding of data lifecycle and understands data retention policies.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and can articulate technical challenges to a non technical person.
- Thrives on change ensuring that you stay ahead of new upcoming Data Management technologies through attending regular forums, meet ups or online courses.
- Enjoys developing through organised or self development; passionate to progress career at The Very Group.
- A leader who is able to mitigating blockers positively that may be hindering progress.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.