Search by job title or keyword
Technical Delivery Lead / Programme Manager
Technical Delivery Lead / Programme Manager
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
Tech Ops Team
Our Tech Ops team manages and maintains the tech platform which underpins The Very Group – including comms/network, server, database and middleware estate, end user platform (Active Directory, Windows Server, Office 365) and also manages our tech suppliers, software licensing, providing a solution Architect and Tech Service Management wrapper for the group.
We're looking for an experiences Technical Programe Manager or an experienced Delivery Lead to lead a transformation programme which is seeking initially to migrate legacy on-prem applications to the Cloud – this includes: applications: database, middleware, Virtual Desktops; we're also looking to create a new end user platform in the cloud to support our 4,000 or so users base, whilst in parallel driving efficiency and reducing costs in the legacy on-prem platform
Here you'll directly manage a team of Delivery Managers with wider support from an extended team (this includes technical teams, 3rd parties and business sponsors and domains) – The ideal for us is that in in this role you'll help drive high performance to achieve goals and transformation across the technology stack.
Its key for us that you are experienced in driving the transformation of technology through change and are used to contributing towards corporate strategy and wider objectives.
Although the role and relationships will evolved over time we anticipate the key relationships and interactions to span our:
- Head of IT Service Operations
- Head of Technologies in various Tribes
- Third Party Delivery partners
- Delivery managers and project managers
- Business Sponsors
- Change Management teams
- GLT & SMT members across all of Very Group business functions, People, Legal, Commercial and Finance teams.
- Strong technical background and experience in delivery tech transformation projects and migration to Cloud platforms.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Skype,
- Agile delivery experience.
- First class presentation and facilitation skills, able to manage objections and resistance
- Demonstratable technical understanding of large enterprise wide infrastructure
- Experience of large complex technical transformation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying high-end influence and impact
- Extensive stakeholder management experience, able to establish stakeholder wants and needs to create and execute an appropriate stakeholder management plan
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions
- Motivates teams to work together in the most effective manner
- Leadership – Sets direction through clear and challenging goals, inspires others to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Ability to deliver engaging, informative, well organised presentations
- Demonstrable stakeholder management experience and ability to establish and maintain credible working relationships
- Ability to work within KPIs influencing factors and performance against those
- Works across Practice to share lessons learned and best practices
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
- Collaborates, influences and negotiates with others to achieve goals
- Conveys a clear vision about what the future will look like and inspires others to embark on the journey
- Resolves team conflict and communication problems
- Handles difficult situations directly using appropriate discretion and respect for the individual
- Use knowledge and experience of programme management to contribute to the continuous development of the Programme Management Practice
- Share experience and best practice to develop and improve internal Programme Management skill sets
- Undertake in flight and post implementation reviews of delivery practice projects and programmes
- Matrix management of programme teams upwards of 50 staff
Day to day responsibilities
- Lead the IT Service Operations technical transformational programme of work
- Mobilise the programmes by the creation of a charter to define all the key elements of the programme and ensures all parties are bought in.
- Shape major technical programmes of work into a delivery strategy to achieve business goals.
- Create, executes and maintains programme plans from Initiation through to Closure
- Identify and secure the resources needed ensuring individual roles and responsibilities are clearly understood
- Manage day to day operational aspects of the technical programmes and scope to critical path
- Review and approve programme deliverables and documentation
- Effectively apply our programme methodology and enforce appropriate standards, controls and governance
- Ensure the delivery of products and services to scope, budget and time
- Manage the commercial relationship and delivery by third parties
- Proactively manage risks and issues to minimise the negative impact
- Manage internal and external project dependencies
- An understanding of major programme activity within the company and can manage internal and external dependencies
- Control and manage technical change to ensure the scope remains aligned to strategic objectives
- Prepare and deliver Investment Appraisal Summary to appropriate stakeholders
- Track progress, resources and costs against the plan accounting for any variances
- Integrate financial data for multiple projects.
- Provide regular and accurate progress and status reports up to board level if required
- Ensure that programme benefits are clearly and realistically defined with an agreed plan for delivery.
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- Flexible benefits allowance £6,500 (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Bonus up to 20%
- Matched pension at 6%
- 1x Life Assurance / Private Medical
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Cycle to work scheme
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking *subject to post code
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Flexible working*
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.