Search by job title or keyword
Technical Operation Centre Analyst
Technical Operation Centre Analyst
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
This role is required to work shifts, including night time working to support the 24/7 monitoring and support of The Very Group.
You'll be responsible for the investigation, resolution and if required escalation of related incidents passed from technical operation centre tooling, play a key part in conducting vulnerability assessments and monitoring systems, networks, databases and Web hosted services for potential system breaches over a defined shift pattern.
Here you will act as a first line triage for the Technical Operations Centre, provide 24/7 first line telephone, e-mail and ticket routing services for security event notifications and incident response processes and deliver first level investigation and remediation activities as a member of the Security Incident Response Team.
This role impacts on all areas of the Group, including: regulators, customers, all employees, 3rd parties and contractors.
Here you will help interact, influence and provide first line response to our CISO and the wider members of the information security team and associated I.T. & Service departments.
- A passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong relationships with staff and other relevant individuals
- verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
- Written communication skills, for example to write technical reports
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyse complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends
- an ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Maintenance and improvements of the Security Operations Centre to identify potential breaches for further investigation.
- Respond to incidents and alerts raised from The Very Group tooling.
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Maintain and develop playbooks in line with working processes, periodical reviews as required.
- Responding to incidents raised from the security tooling or partner systems.
- Actively encourage and partake in the on boarding of services to further secure the shop direct estate.
- Generate reports from second and third line functions
- Provide first line advice and guidance to staff and where required escalate to other teams.
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- Flexible benefits allowance £250 (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Bonus up to 8%
- Matched pension at 6%
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Cycle to work scheme
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking *subject to post code
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Flexible working*
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.