Search by job title or keyword
Technical Operations Centre Manager
Technical Operations Centre Manager
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
This role impacts on all areas of the Group, including: regulators, customers, all employees, 3rd parties and contractors. It involves being responsible for the implementation of the Technical Operations Hub in accordance with best practices and company policy.
In this role you'll interact, influence and provide support and leadership to the following teams:
- Service Operations
- Security Operations
- Network Operations
- Financial Services
- An excellent broad understanding of the Information Security.
- Experience of managing teams over an extended shift pattern.
- Knowledge of latest trends, technologies and threats.
- A solid understanding of UK regulations and compliance.
- Experience of contributing and improving the Information Security agenda within a corporate organisation
- Good commercial knowledge with the ability to understand and integrate business and security strategies.
- Information Security and /or Information Technology industry qualification strongly preferred (such as CISSP or CISM) or equivalent time served
- Experience with tooling such as WAF, Endpoint protection and response, Network Behavioral Analytics, IP/DS, Firewall management, operational monitoring systems
- Experience of incident response and investigations.
- Knowledge of latest trends, technologies and threats
- Good technical understanding of development and operational platforms including the Cloud.
- Previous experience running a SOC, NOC or other operations centre
- Experience in setting up a 24/7 team
- Knowledge and qualifications relating to AWS and the associated monitoring tools
- Experience with setting up and running SIEM tooling.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Day to Day people management of Technical Operations Hub staff.
- Escalation point for staff and issues raised from the Hub’s alerting platforms
- Primary contact between Service, Security & Networks & Technical Operations Hub.
- Transition services from other parts of the business or third parties into the central in house Hub.
- Develop the Hub’s capabilities with other Shop Direct business units & Teams.
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- Flexible benefits allowance £6,500 (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Bonus up to 20%
- Matched pension at 6%
- 1x Life Assurance / Private Medical
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Cycle to work scheme
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking *subject to post code
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Flexible working*
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.