Search by job title or keyword
Test Automation Lead
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Test Automation Lead within our Digital Customer Experience (DCX) Tribe.
The Lead Test Automation Engineer will be working in a cross-platform team that supports other squads to embrace an automation first approach, to set up and embed automated test frameworks alongside Tech Leads’ and QA Engineers’ and to overcome various technical challenges. You will also help to coach and support team members in all things automation and will work closely with the Tribe QA Lead to help define technical test strategies.
In our ways of working, we have adopted a true agile model. We work in squads within the tribe with the focus on migrating our website and mobile applications to AWS-based polyglot microservices to provide an enhanced Digital Customer Experience.
We are looking for someone who has worked in a similar capacity for several years who has built, maintained and embedded technical test frameworks across organisations.
We will expect you to drive discussions around process improvement as we face challenges moving from a monolith to a microservice-based infrastructure.
One of our main principles is ‘automation first’, so we expect you to be well versed in tools and approaches such as continuous integration/delivery, test-driven development and shift left approach.
We expect you to have the confidence and experience to drive forward improvements, collaborating with many stakeholders across the tribe such as Tech Leads, Delivery Managers and other Tribe Leaders.
You will have a responsibility from a QA and Test standpoint to help squads identify risk at every stage, communicate the impacts and help steer others to make the right decisions such as Product Owners, Delivery Managers, and our squads overall.
From a future proof point of view, you will work with the QA Leadership Team to be aware of software industry developments and continually review testing processes and strategies to ensure the squads remain current.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an extremely dynamic tribe, alongside an established and vibrant QA community.
- Proven experience in a number of similar automation lead/engineer roles
- Strong knowledge of modern software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills that demonstrate and a curious, learning and brave approach to work
- Experience in influencing teams in their approach to QA
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Experience of Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (ATDD, BDD & TDD)
- Experience of non-functional testing, particularly performance and security testing
- Tooling experience:
- Browser automation tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cypress
- Other: React, Selenide, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, BrowserStack
- Cloud technologies: AWS (EC2, ECS, S3, Networking)
- API testing/mocking tools: SOAP UI, Postman
- Databases: Oracle, MongoDB (basic understanding)
- Containerization tools: Docker
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Bonus scheme
- Matched pension at 6%
- £1000 additional benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Remote/office split
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Jordan Barlow or Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.