Search by job title or keyword
Test & QA Engineers - Logistics and Fulfilment
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
We’re always looking for talented people to join us on this journey, to work within a team of 70+ great Testers. Our Test & QA community have a passion for tech, our customers and ensuring our solutions are the best they can be.
What do we value?
We have an ambition to build a truly world class QA capability at The Very Group Capabilities that can add value to every step of the software journey, putting our customers at the heart of everything they do.
Opportunities in our Test & QA community :Right now, we’re building a world class Test Engineering capability in our Logistics and Fulfilment test practice. We’re on a transformation journey to introduce cutting-edge warehousing and drop ship solutions to transform how we work and better delight our customers. To help us do this, we’re looking for brilliant test engineers who have good experience in testing Logistics and Fulfillment solutions, are passionate about delivering quality, and want to join us and contribute to, our journey to being a world class Logistics and Fulfilment test capability.
What do we look for?
- Good experience in testing logistics and fulfilment systems, both warehouse and drop-ship solutions. Our systems are Sterling OMS, DAI CMS and KiSoft WMS.
- Good experience in using modern test tools and techniques, such as automated API-driven testing
- Good understanding of data sourcing and control
- The adaptability to bridge between Agile and Waterfall delivery approaches
- Adapts to new ways of working, adopting new tools and techniques, and can help drive our journey to Agile ways of working
- Displays ownership, is self-organising, is resilient to work in a fast-paced demanding environment and can demonstrate out of the box thinking
- Good experience of working with multiple third parties involved in building a solution, demonstrating good and clear communication and pro-active collaboration across teams
Our future delivery approach will utilise delivery squads using modern techniques such as TDD, BDD, CI/CD delivery and driving team collaboration using pairing & mobbing to ensure the Logistics and Fulfilment pillar is efficient and effective in delivering a quality solution for our customer.
Self-development is really important for us. We see both learning together as a team through the process of delivery and individual learning to build specific skills to able to contribute more to the team, as really important. We will give you the time and tools to do this.
What does the role require?
As a test engineer in the Logistics and Fulfilment Test Team you are a quality advocate and testing SME within our Logistics and Fulfilment technology practise. Your mind-set will lead to you driving quality throughout, ensuring the right outcomes.
At the outset of a change you’ll use your knowledge and experience of logistics and fulfilment solutions to drive the conversation on quality with the whole team.
You’ll ensure that all aspects of quality have been considered, both functional and non-functional, to ensure we have well-defined success criteria.
You’ll use an automation-first mind-set to ensure we’re checking the solution in an efficient and effective way.
You’ll use the learnings gained from exploratory testing to inform the team on how the solution can be improved.
You’ll use your experience of fulfilment systems to highlight areas of risk and collaborate with the team to understand how these can be dealt with.
You’ll invest time in yourself and your team to build a set of skills that will enhance our delivery capability. We want you to be a master of your craft!
You’ll share your learnings, reaching out to the wider QA community to understand, and contribute to the evolution of QA, we want you to share your passion for testing and tech.
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- a Flexible benefits allowance (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Matched pension at 6%
- 1x Life Assurance / Private Medical
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Cycle to work scheme
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking *subject to post code
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Flexible working
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.