Search by job title or keyword
Graduate 2020 Buying Assistant - London ( min 1 years experience)
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the team.
Our Buying team here at London Victoria have some of the best minds in fashion and retail and are leading the way in finding the next trends and products.
We’re excited to share an opportunity for an ambitious, creative and talented graduate looking for the first step into their careers, based in our fantastic London Victoria office you'll find our newest office. Just a few hundred steps from Victoria Station, (check your fitness band if you don't believe us!) Sky Victoria occupies a fantastic location in the heart of the city.
- Studying a buying or fashion degree, you should live and breathe fashion and have set your heart on a career in the exciting world of fashion buying and retail
- Min 1 years fashion buying experience is a must either placement year or other retailer
- A love for fashion with a knowledge of trends and brand awareness
- You’ll not be afraid of hard work and you will be passionate about providing products and brands that make our customers look good
- Above all, you’ll be full of fresh ideas and love working as part of a diverse team to provide our customers with their favourite brands
- A background in fashion and strong style and trend interest to support our styling teams
- Has a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, driven and tough skinned the pace here is fast
About the role
- Help our buyers source and develop product ranges to meet changing customer tastes
- Keep a close eye on prices, the market and the latest trends
- Work with our design, merchandising and creative teams across the full product lifecycle
- Manage samples and provide support with administration and monitoring to make sure we always deliver our customer promise
- Talk to our suppliers every day, managing different relationships and making sure samples are ready for meetings and events.
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about buying looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.