Search by job title or keyword
Junior Buyer - Branded Fashion - Maternity Cover - INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Junior Buyer based in our Skyways Victoria office in London covering for maternity.
THIS ADVERT IS FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
Whilst this role is only covering Maternity leave, there will be an opportunity for the role to become permanent. It's a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading online retailers.
- Responsibility for a category or subcategory reporting into a Senior Buyer or Buyer.
- Management of category critical path, supply base and category trading calendar
- Manage a Buyers Assistant
- Overseeing category critical path and ensuring milestones are adhered to.
- Contributing to trade meetings, communicating key messages and actions to wider departments
- Maintaining relationships with designers and merchandisers
- Supporting in the development of the category strategy and how it supports the wider fashion strategy.
- Reviewing performance and creation of lessons learnt and how they inform future ranges.
- Commercial awareness: Awareness of market trends, competitor activity and price positioning.
- Formulating range plans alongside merchandising functions.
- Product development, working alongside design and tech functions to ensure packs are sent within timelines and to relevant supply chain.
- Conducting range building and range sign offs with support of line manager.
- Must be able to work on a Fixed Term Contract basis
- Previous significant experience of operating at an Assistant Buyer level as a minimum
- Only applicants with previous experience will be considered for this role
- Graduate level or with relevant degree / higher education
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- The ability to support and engage a high performing team
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Logical approach to thinking of innovative solutions
- Ability to work on a variety of systems cohesively
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competitive salary with a £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.