Search by job title or keyword
Outbound Logistics Payment Analyst
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Logistics Payment Analyst, to be based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
Due to an internal promotion within the Logistics Team, this position is now vacant. I am looking for applicants who have a strong background in managing carriers, within a retail or logistics background.
The successful applicant will be the carrier account invoicing expert within the team, simplifying our current processes whilst building a long-term robust carrier invoice control framework for Outbound Logistics.
They will build a strong cross-functional working relationship with Carriers, Finance, Accounts Payable and the Senior Logistics team.
- Embed proactive audits and reports to enable matching of invoiced parcel volumes to receipted volumes within the agreed tolerances and invoice prices to the contract
- Develop and own the control frameworks for carrier billing and Suppliers Own Transport spend.
- Provide clear visibility of Outbound billing status to all stakeholders through timely, robust and actionable reporting, and continually look for opportunities to improve processes in this area
- Ensure accurate provisioning of carrier costs with smooth and timely processing of invoices
- Support carrier selection through data driven invoice analysis
- Achieve KPI targets (TBC) through clear reporting and use of root cause analysis, with action plans in place to address areas of underperformance
- Support Outbound Logistics Senior Managers in driving world class performance with carriers in line with agreed service levels, including regular face-to-face meetings
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the global logistics industry
This is a great opportunity for a Logistics Analyst to work within a high performing logistics team. All applicants will need to have the following experience and qualities to be considered for this role.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within an analytical/finance role
- Experience of Retail Logistics or related sector would be beneficial
- Team player
- Highly organized with ability to manage own workload
- Extremely analytical and numerate, with the ability to interrogate large sets of data and draw appropriate conclusions, and present in an easy to understand way
- Very IT literate with detailed knowledge of Excel and other appropriate systems
- Experience of dealing with and influencing external partners and suppliers
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the business, both in writing and verbally
- Able to take the initiative and drive results when needed
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and well-being agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status