Search by job title or keyword
3 x Product Lead's
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for 3 x Product Owner/Lead, to be based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for 3 driven, Product Leads to join the Retail Tribe who are leading our expansion into our new Flexible Fulfilment Models. These 3 roles are fundamental in helping us shape and deliver our ambitious plans.
We’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies.
Squads & Tribes Model:
For us this means a cross-functional team and structure. The overall Tribe will have a subset of set of teams, or as well call them, Squads. Each with a mission to solve specific product challenges. Each squad is composed of individual contributors from different disciplines and led by an individual contributor.
This working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time and they will build a part of the product, or even create a full new product. Since each squad has contributors or owners from every domain – from engineering to product, or mobile to design – any squad has the breadth and the depth in terms of skill to for end-to-end ownership.
- Working with the other Product, Tech & Delivery Leads you will be responsible for ensuring the capability and solution requirements are delivered to plan.
- As part of the Tribe governance routines, such as stand ups, squad retrospectives and showcases, you will be responsible for ensuring that any output is in line with business / customer expectation and needs.
- You will need to forge strong relationships with your Product peers to both lead and input into cross squad / cross tribe level change, as it is critical that we understand initiative dependencies and coordinate prioritisation
- Support the design of in scope Business Processes
- Review functional and technical designs across workstreams to identify any potential disconnects.
- Identify change impacts and sign off on new/revised processes
- Assist with ‘Product’ communications to the business
- Provide input to, participate in, and sign-off User Acceptance Testing
- Contribute to the Product/Capability design and requirements build
- Assist in business-related cutover activities.
- Develop plan/scripts for business SMEs to validate data conversions & facilitate business signoff
- Highlight any potential changes to our TOM through delivery of capability drops.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with our technology partners to help influence the product roadmap
- Keep up to date with technology advancements and retail software providers
- These roles will suit individuals who have sound experience in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management roles within a retail function and also project management experience (hybrid type role)
- Has previously been exposed to leading business change
- Has a curiosity that drives capability developments that are right for the business, team and customer
- Has an interest and viewpoint on the future direction of capability within retail
- Has the ability to influence peers and challenge senior leadership team, working in a collaborative cross functional way
- Can provide direction on where the value lies and what is must vs should to focus priorities for delivery
- Are knowledgeable and comfortable with technology but not to a detailed technology level
- Creative, passionate and innovative – Challenges the status quo and forward thinking
- Can drive forward the need for new capability with colleagues and leaders bringing credibility to the vision
- Self-starter – seeks out and explores opportunities to enhance capability
- Prior experience of working with Oracle or cloud based implementation would be advantageous
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- £1,000 of flexible benefits allowance (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Bonus up to 14%
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status