Search by job title or keyword
Agile Senior Service Delivery Manager
We’re re-imagining the way we manage and deliver service, and will create a new way of doing this with Service Lifecycle Managers. This role will manage the service we give our customers and colleagues in a more progressive and agile way centred on new processes, modern tooling and automation – all within the tribal model.
About the role
We are looking for people experienced in Agile delivery to join our Technology Operations Team and own the lifecycle of tech platforms, including risk management, design, transition, operations and continual service improvements.
A candidate must have a strong background in Agile and DevOps. In particular: Agile Delivery Management experience, and a solid understanding of tech operations and service management practices.
Working with senior business stakeholders as the product owner for tech service for a given tribe/business area – you'll be driving availability of services, whilst balancing the need for continuous delivery and fast paced change, continually seeking to improve and innovate.
- Develop and delivery strategies within Tribe and cross-tribe.
- Play a lead role in the risk management process, ensuring that risks are uncovered, understood, with either plans to mitigate or documented acceptance.
- Coach other team members and provide support and act as a point of escalation.
- Senior lead on incident, problem, change & release implementation; ensuring we have a stable platform at all times for our customers.
- Identifying and building strong long-term internal customer relationships and comprehensive stakeholder management
- Take a lead role in supporting business wide initiatives, such as peak trading and operating events.
- Responsible for identifying and producing reports on our key metrics and thresholds.
- Perform proactive trending of incidents to drive improvements and problem management to reduce Incident recurrence and mean time to recovery (MTTR)
- Manage third party relations with suppliers, taking ownership of these relationships and driving continuous improvement
- Managing and maintaining our improvement roadmaps and initiatives
- Supporting Tech Ops Leadership team in evolving strategy and driving service improvements
- Facilitate service transition of new products and services into production, working closely with other product managers, delivery managers, architects and squads
- Conduct review meetings, at squad and tribe level, ensuring actions and improvements documented and tracked through to completion
- Agile ways of working and delivery experience.
- Experience of Tech Service Management applied in an Agile model, including but not limited to:
- (Major) Incident Management
- Change & Release Management
- Config Management
- Availability Management
- Experience managing service with 3rd party vendors – including outsourcers, managed services, PaaS, SaaS and IaaS providers.
- Great people skills / relationship management experience - the ability to build relationships quickly across teams, functions and executive teams.
- Experience in business event management – supporting large scale business activity which require Tech Support i.e. Sale Activities, Trading or Operational seasonal peaks.
- Implemented Continuous Improvement initiatives, delivering effective changes.
- Solid understanding of modern tech platforms.
- Strong reporting and written skills.
- Knowledge and experience using collaborations tools.
- A natural troubleshooter, inquisitive and always seeking answers / solutions to problems.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Tech Ops and Service Managmenet looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.