Search by job title or keyword
Category Assistant 2020 Graduate - Economics, Maths/Analytical degrees
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the team.
Working as a category assistant a The Very Group and you’ll work with some of the world’s biggest brands across our range of products whether that be from electrical, home or something else. You’ll put your learning into action in the fast-paced world of retail. And you’ll develop your skills every day with the support of a mentor and our inspiring and talented colleagues.
Learning at pace as part of our dynamic product team, you’ll help to curate the perfect range for our customer and make sure our stock is in the right place at the right time to keep customers happy and drive profitability. Working with colleagues across all areas of the business, you’ll assist with estimating and help to produce dynamic range plans. All the time we’ll keep you on your toes with different challenges and experiences to help you kick start your career in retail.
You’ll be working with friendly, innovative and passionate people. We're very supportive and will give you opportunity, support and a career path to shape you career and become our future.
About the role.
We’re excited to share an opportunity for ambitious, driven and curious graduate looking for the first step into their careers, based in our fantastic Liverpool HQ. You’ll join us at Category Assistant you’ll learn at pace as part of our talented team, you’ll help to make sure our stock is in the right place at the right time to keep our customers happy and drive our profitability whilst constantly developing and playing your part as a crucial part of the fashion team.
- Cover both Buying and Merchandising core responsibilities in our new Category Assistant role.
- Produce stock analysis and accurate weekly reports for trading meetings, product days and sign off meetings.
- Manage a variety of systems to help us deliver our promises, wow our customers and get our orders out on time – every time.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers, assess their performance and update production plans.
- Maintain stock, monitor shipment deadlines, provide accurate updates and allocate and load pre-season trends.
- Feedback on performance and identify emerging trends and new trading opportunities.
- Arrange photoshoots and product showcases, liaise with our marketing team, manage product samples and support product set up
- Has a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, professional and assertive with a hands-on approach and a good commercial brain
- You will be a recent graduate economics, maths or analytical subjetcs - but also curious and good with numbers and ideally from an analytical degree
- Confident and organised, you’ll be at home dealing with our suppliers and analysing data, as well as presenting your thoughts.
- Shares our thirst for knowledge and passion for customer communications and CRM, keen attention to detail and a real passion for our products
- As the pace is fast here, you’ll also need to be a superb organiser with good analytical and prioritisation skills
- You’ll not be afraid of hard work and you will be passionate about providing products and brands that make our customers look good
- Above all, you’ll be full of fresh ideas and love working as part of a diverse team to provide our customers with their favourite brands
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about numbers and looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.