Search by job title or keyword
Compliance Policy Manager - Credit and Insurance Product
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and join our successful compliance team, in our fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. You will be responsible for providing regulatory advice and guidance.
Drawing on your considerable experience and understanding of financial service regulations you will support the business to deliver compliant, effective policies and controls that deliver fair customer outcomes. Working closely with the leadership team you will provide the business with appropriate advice and guidance aligned to the regulatory regime.
- To keep abreast of regulatory policy developments and to provide the business with insight on regulatory change that may impact existing policy and controls. Completing detailed impact assessments and gap anaylsis which inform business change requirments.
- To support the business in the identification, remediation and resolution of issues that arise in the day to day operation of SDFC.
- To provide advice and support to the Line of Business along side assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of policies and procedures in engendering fair customer outcomes.
- To promote appropriate awareness and understanding of compliance, embedding the culture within the business.
- To maintain appropriate and independent oversight and ask probing questions to ensure regulatory risks are prudently considered and addressed.
In this business critical role, you must have extensive knowledge of the FCA’s rules and regulations such as CONC, ICOBS and DISP. Ideally, you will have occupied a compliance role previously in a consumer credit firm where you show a deep understanding of the issues and challenges that can arise in this area.
Passionate about regulation you’ll be consistently identifying areas for potential improvement or innovation. You will have the chance to shape our processes through the identification of regulatory change and be able to make a positive and tangible difference to the experience of our customer.
You will be commercially aware, structured and methodical in your approach. You will be prudent, inquisitive and analytical in order to be able to develop and deliver pragmatic solutions. You will possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and you will possess the gravitas necessary to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across the business.
Within this role you will be working alongside our retail business. With this everchanging, fast-paced environment you will need to have the resilience and drive to thrive.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.