Search by job title or keyword
Control Room / Flow Room Shift Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people. I am currently recruiting for a a Flow Room Shift Manager for our brand new Skygate site in the East Midlands.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
The Flow Room Shift Manager will manage the team of Flow Room technicians to ensure smooth system and product flow to exceed operational KPI's. The role holder will report to the Flow Room Operations Manager and will have 4-5 direct reports (Technicians) This role plays a critical role in ensuring that the fulfilment centre performs effectively, efficiently and downtime is minimised.
- System availability and efficiency- achievement of KPI's, minimising downtime, managing work flow, requesting preventative maintenance and repairs in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- Analysis of performance data for the leadership team.
- Prioritise area workloads to ensure that the focus remains on delivering site volumes in the most efficient way.
- Optimise storage and conveyor utilisation at every process stage.
- Manage flow room processes to maximise the opportunity for productivity.
- Minimise stock inaccuracy at all stages of the process through effective process management and adherence seeking out errors and process gaps.
- Escalation of issue/potential issues with the leadership team.
- Provide advice to the leadership team on matters regarding control room operation, system performance, system issues and work flow and process.
- Efficient and accurate reporting of faults and unexpected behaviour to resolver groups.
- Drive process adherence to ensure quality metrics are delivered at all stages of the process.
- Ensure clear, concise handovers are completed at all shift changes, passing all of the key information and learnings to the oncoming shift to ensure seamless transitions.
- The post holder will be a cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre and will be key to developing ways of working and the colleague proposition.
- Proven experience of leading a team in fulfilment centres, preferably with experience of the build, testing and start-up of an automated fulfilment centre (preferably with experience of working with Knapp automation).
- Detailed understanding of the functionality and operation of warehouse control systems for an automated fulfilment centre.
- Good understanding of the end to end process within automated fulfilment centres.
- Strong leadership, delegation and communication skills.
- Strong PC skills including use of MS office.
- Experience of the introduction of major systems upgrades across the supply chain.
- Experience of leading 24/7 teams.
- Partner centric- experience of maintaining strong partnerships with third parties i.e. automation/systems providers.
- Understanding of Operational Excellence/Continuous Improvement tools.
It would be advantageous if you do have the desired experience with KNAPP automation but if not please do not hesitate to apply. We know that the right person will view this as a great opportunity that will come with its own rewards. You will be supported and trained in using the automation and system by some of the industries most talented fulfilment specialists and as we continue to grow, we want our talent to grow with us.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about warehouse automation looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful applicant.