Search by job title or keyword
Issue and Control Manager (6-month Fixed Term Contract)
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
The role holder will be an experienced issue manager, sitting in the First Line Governance and Control Team and forming an important part of the broader Risk and Governance framework. The role provides oversight of identified issues and co-ordination for the appropriate resolution and closure of issues. It has been created to:
- Be the First Line Issue Manager for allocated issues across SDFC,
- Log, manage and monitor issues identified by all parts of SDFC,
- Be responsible for delivering the business risk assessment process for specifically allocated parts of the SDFC business. (Including Issue Management, Loss events, Risk Event Evaluation and scenario testing),
- Be responsible for reviewing issues arising from specifically allocated Programmes, Projects and other change activity (In conjunction with Second-Line Business Risk partner),
- Be responsible for the production and delivery of regular issue management reports to effectively communicate issue status and internal control deficiencies to risk and control owners.
The scope of the role covers all of The Very Group locations and may require travel and presence at each of these sites
- Experience of working in a regulated Financial Services environment
- Numerate, analytical with an aptitude for research
- Experience in governance, customer service, complaints or quality assurance
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong customer service advocacy
- Well-developed stakeholder management
- Solid influencing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills – written and oral
- Robust resilience and planning skills – ability to manage a fluid workload whilst reacting and adapting to emerging issues with appropriate levels of urgency
- Methodical and meticulous in recording and disseminating information.
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.