Search by job title or keyword
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for an experienced Junior Merchandiser to be based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for an experienced Junior Merchandiser to support our Casual and High Street merchandising team. Alongside working with some of our biggest partner brands, you will have the full ownership and management of the product category, taking full accountability from strategy, to range planning, and then through to trading performance.
You will play a big part in supporting the Senior Merchandiser, leading and developing a team of Assistant Merchandisers and Merchandising Assistants in order to meet current and future KPI's. You will own and manage relationships with key suppliers and brands.
- Responsible for negotiating, planning and delivering departmental KPI's. Working with the buying team to ensure adequate tracking and controls are in place to meet budget and targets.
- Develop strong supplier relationships, commercially planning trading opportunities through profitability modelling. Represent the business in key strategic meetings with suppliers and brands.
- Communicate with senior management teams and across departments the strategy for their ranges, trading plans and execution
- Assist in the management and day to day running of the department, managing priorities and workload of the team.
- Demonstrate agility in terms of budget planning and remixing in-season; ensuring that we remain focused on bringing in the stock we truly require.
- Coordinate cross-category roll-ups in order to present back concisely to senior management.
- Deputise for the Merchandiser/Senior merchandiser as and when required
- Ability to create and manage commercial plans through WSSI, ensuring opportunities and risks are identified and planned for, creating forecasts and intake requirements
- Line management responsibility for one or multiple merchandising assistants/assistant merchandisers.
- Well established experience of operating as a Junior Merchandiser level as a minimum
- Previous experience of managing global brands
- Graduate level or with relevant degree / higher education
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- The ability to support and engage a high performing team, being able to develop the team
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Logical approach to thinking of innovative solutions
- Ability to work on a variety of systems cohesively
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
- £1000 Flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status